Opinions please on my liver result

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

This is verbatim what's on the report regarding my liver. I'm taking this as a good sign that there isn't a tumour in my liver as they've been unsure if there was due to Internal scarring making the ct scans hard to read. Please tell me how you'd take this. It's given me hope that there isn't one there but maybe I'm jumping the gun?

"The liver is normal in size, contour, and echogenicity (thickening). Very mild coursening of the hepatic echotexture is identified with slight heterogeneity of the hepatic parenchyma in segment IV-A, but no discernable mass. A linear echogenic focus in segment III and one in segmant VIII are noted, favoured to represent specular reflectors from conspicuous hepatic vessels rather than true lesions. No intrahepatic biliary dilation is seen. Normal antegrade portal venous flow is observed. The common duct is normal in calibre."

Any thoughts? Thank you! Don't worry if you feel that I should worry and not feel like there's no tumour. Your opinion is appreciated.

Jan

Comments

• mountainhiker
    mountainhiker Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2018 #2
    I don't think it could be any better

Jan,

I would celebrate this weekend if I had a report like that.  You've been through hell and back.  It's time you get a break - and that report looks like great news.

Congratulations!

mountainhiker

• JanJan63

I don't think it could be any better

Jan,

I would celebrate this weekend if I had a report like that.  You've been through hell and back.  It's time you get a break - and that report looks like great news.

Congratulations!

mountainhiker

Aw, thank you! I'm cautiously

Aw, thank you! I'm cautiously optimistic. I looked up some of the words I didn't understand.

Jan

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    You are in my area now

thanks my husband I have become expert at these. So basically they are just saying they see areas lighting up funny (not pet scan light up just different level of brightness) but they think it’s just from blood vessels and not lesions. That scan would not worry me in the least!!!!

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

Reads better than the liver reports I see now after NEDness. Lot's of stuff in mine is noted. I'd feel pretty good about that analysis if I were you....................................Dave

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Sounds good

Sounds good to me, but I have stopped reading the reports and wait for the doctor to interpret them for me.  It saves a lot of anxiety about spots and abnormalities that are not cancer.  All I really care about at this point is cancer.

• JanJan63
    Thank you everyone! I wanted

Thank you everyone! I wanted to make sure I wasn't subconsciously missing something important.

Jan

• Unknown
    edited September 2018 #8
    Congrats! I believe we can celebrate together!

Below is my husband's recent MRI result of his liver tumor:Previous right lobe of liver metastasis has resolved

I don't mean to sound negative and I want to believe this but we are holding our breath.  The radiologist/liver surgeon said, "I never like to use the word 'Cured' but he could not find the tumors.  The plan was to get an MRI to discuss liver resection or ablation.  Now they say nothing needs to be done.  My husband is concerned about leaving the dead cells in his body....on the liver but the doctors are not concerned.  We are getting one more opinion.  

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    unknown said:

Congrats! I believe we can celebrate together!

Below is my husband's recent MRI result of his liver tumor:Previous right lobe of liver metastasis has resolved

I don't mean to sound negative and I want to believe this but we are holding our breath.  The radiologist/liver surgeon said, "I never like to use the word 'Cured' but he could not find the tumors.  The plan was to get an MRI to discuss liver resection or ablation.  Now they say nothing needs to be done.  My husband is concerned about leaving the dead cells in his body....on the liver but the doctors are not concerned.  We are getting one more opinion.  

you just made my day! I

you just made my day! I understand the not wanting to leave the dead cells, but for someone like me who was told the recurrence cannot be surgically removed, hearing that your husband's chemo "resolved" the tumors, gives me hope! Whcih chemo/treatment was he on?

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Scan

Although I'm not an interpreter of scans, that sounds good to me.  Don't you wish that they would have one description for doctors and one for lay people.  Still sounds great.

Hugs!  Kim

• Unknown
    edited September 2018 #11
    abita said:

you just made my day! I

you just made my day! I understand the not wanting to leave the dead cells, but for someone like me who was told the recurrence cannot be surgically removed, hearing that your husband's chemo "resolved" the tumors, gives me hope! Whcih chemo/treatment was he on?

Chemo Treatment

He received 5FU with Leucovorin, oxaliplatin and irinotecan.  His oncologist is very aggressive because he has many infected lymph nodes.  He received 13 treatments total but only 9 with oxaliplatin then 1 treatment with irnotecan and 2 treatments with oxaliplatin and irnotecan.  He starts avastin on Thursday and 5FU maintenance pill.  He is having a lot of neuropathy issues so I don't know if I would recommend all these drugs.  We are hoping the neuropathy gets better.  

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    unknown said:

Chemo Treatment

He received 5FU with Leucovorin, oxaliplatin and irinotecan.  His oncologist is very aggressive because he has many infected lymph nodes.  He received 13 treatments total but only 9 with oxaliplatin then 1 treatment with irnotecan and 2 treatments with oxaliplatin and irnotecan.  He starts avastin on Thursday and 5FU maintenance pill.  He is having a lot of neuropathy issues so I don't know if I would recommend all these drugs.  We are hoping the neuropathy gets better.  

They ate keeping him on chemo

They ate keeping him on chemo even though the lesions "resolved"?

• plsletitrain
    plsletitrain Member Posts: 252 Member
    Sounds good to me.  I think

Sounds good to me.  I think this report is good.

• Unknown
    edited September 2018 #14
    abita said:

They ate keeping him on chemo

They ate keeping him on chemo even though the lesions "resolved"?

Still has many lymph nodes

Still has many lymph nodes infected with the biggest being the Aorta lymph node.