POMEGRANATE PUTS CHEMO & RADIATION TO SHAME

Comments

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    Eat more nuts...

I recall that Euel Gibbons, a staunch naturalist, died from eating nuts.  To each his own and let the buyer beware.

Jim

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Optimizing the odds

I am all for optimizing the odds.  Remember Jim Fixx died young too, did that make you give up running?  According to Wiki Gibbons died at 64 froma ruptured aortic aneurysm, a complication from Marfan syndrome. 

I drink pomegranate juice daily and also take a supplement.  It is not high on my list of effective strategies, but I figure, what can it hurt?  I also eat tree nuts daily.  There is pretty good evidence they help, and if not, what the heck, I enjoy them.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

Optimizing the odds

I am all for optimizing the odds.  Remember Jim Fixx died young too, did that make you give up running?  According to Wiki Gibbons died at 64 froma ruptured aortic aneurysm, a complication from Marfan syndrome. 

I drink pomegranate juice daily and also take a supplement.  It is not high on my list of effective strategies, but I figure, what can it hurt?  I also eat tree nuts daily.  There is pretty good evidence they help, and if not, what the heck, I enjoy them.

I know it sounds crazy, but I

I know it sounds crazy, but I read an article about cinnamon and colon cancer, and now put ceylon cinnamon in my coffee every morning. 

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2018 #5
    Quantification

I realize that I should have quantified my previous post.  The written word sometimes can be very constraining.  My intent was to counter the statement that..."pomegranate-puts-chemo-radiation-to-shame."

Bold statements like that are just as challengeable as someone stating that 5FU is the cure for cancer.  Currently, there are no absolutes regarding cancer other than the fact that it disrupts life.  Each situation is different and each treatment outcome is different.

Those of us who have been afflicted by cancer, in whatever form, and those who are/have been our care-takers are extremely vulnerable to the promises of remedies and curatives - regardless of the source.  Consequently, because our hopes for cures are so sensitive, it is important that all promises of cures be accurately presented. 

Jim

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited August 2018 #6

Quantification

I realize that I should have quantified my previous post.  The written word sometimes can be very constraining.  My intent was to counter the statement that..."pomegranate-puts-chemo-radiation-to-shame."

Bold statements like that are just as challengeable as someone stating that 5FU is the cure for cancer.  Currently, there are no absolutes regarding cancer other than the fact that it disrupts life.  Each situation is different and each treatment outcome is different.

Those of us who have been afflicted by cancer, in whatever form, and those who are/have been our care-takers are extremely vulnerable to the promises of remedies and curatives - regardless of the source.  Consequently, because our hopes for cures are so sensitive, it is important that all promises of cures be accurately presented. 

Jim

Agreed

Agreed, the headline is a bit over the top, but the article itself is less dramatic.  Personally, I take supplements, but I do not blame those who do only what the doctor recommends.  I think it is up to each of us to choose a personal course to deal with this disease.