Can chemo alone remove liver mets?

2»

Comments

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    edited August 2018 #22
    abita said:

Thank you. I was so happy too

Thank you. I was so happy too. In that 6 days, I started exercising, cleaning apt, caring about my appearance, dieting, getting back to life! 

He was so cold to me, I actually did start thinking about getting opinion at Sloan Kettering

Listen

you have to go through the scared sad part but then you will begin to be able to think of other things. Like how to fight this if it’s a recurrence. Honestly if they are too tiny they are not going to light up, it doesn’t mean they are not something. I would hate to see them say pet scan was clear only to have them grow and then be harder to treat. Please consider a second opinion, and remember liver  mets that are inoperable can become operable, there is always ablation, and the hai pump at Sloan is exactly what this was created for. My sweet cat loving friend you don’t get to give up yet!!! I am thinking of you!

you should still do all things you started doing! The better you feel the easier and harder you can fight, anything less you let cancer control you. Don’t do that!

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

Listen

you have to go through the scared sad part but then you will begin to be able to think of other things. Like how to fight this if it’s a recurrence. Honestly if they are too tiny they are not going to light up, it doesn’t mean they are not something. I would hate to see them say pet scan was clear only to have them grow and then be harder to treat. Please consider a second opinion, and remember liver  mets that are inoperable can become operable, there is always ablation, and the hai pump at Sloan is exactly what this was created for. My sweet cat loving friend you don’t get to give up yet!!! I am thinking of you!

you should still do all things you started doing! The better you feel the easier and harder you can fight, anything less you let cancer control you. Don’t do that!

Thank you! That is exactly

Thank you! That is exactly the kind of hope I needed my doctor to give me. I am slowly getting my head in a bigger space. The constant crying has stopped, mostly from the encouragement here that I still have a chance.

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member

Be sure you see the surgeon because it would be his or her call on the surgery. There are Y 90, TACE and pump that can fix it. Also ablation. Butt.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Butt said:

Be sure you see the surgeon because it would be his or her call on the surgery. There are Y 90, TACE and pump that can fix it. Also ablation. Butt.

The surgeon is presenting my

The surgeon is presenting my present case to some meeting of liver surgeons for ideas.