Ct scan today

CarlosRosado
CarlosRosado Member Posts: 88 Member

very nervous about my first CT scan after my partial....getting ready to go the hospital now

lots of thoughts about about what happened and what could happen....

i have some pain in the right side of my hip that comes and goes... besides that I finally recovered my energy and I feel better. The problem is that I feel  

nervous all the time....

I feel that my life is in stand by at the moment.  

Comments

• Thinking good thoughts for

Thinking good thoughts for you.  May NED come your way. 

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Wishing NED for both of you!

• CarlosRosado
    APny said:

Thanks... anxiety is getting to the roof now....

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Carlos, have you tired a low

Carlos, have you tired a low dose .25 mg Xanax? Does wonders in taking the edge off.

• Thanks... anxiety is getting to the roof now....

Carlos- try something to get

Carlos- try something to get your mind off the subject.  Favorite movie?  Favorite music?  I am 51, but I find it very cathartic to loudly blast some heavy metal or punk rock music to take the edge off. If that's not your thing, try what APny said.  

• Amy_Jo
    Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member
    Thinking about you hoping for

Thinking about you hoping for great results. I had scans today to I get my results Friday - I'm so nervous. 

• CarlosRosado

Carlos- try something to get

Carlos- try something to get your mind off the subject.  Favorite movie?  Favorite music?  I am 51, but I find it very cathartic to loudly blast some heavy metal or punk rock music to take the edge off. If that's not your thing, try what APny said.  

I teied watch some movies but

I teied watch some movies but I just can’t get this thing out of my head

I feel so bad

• CarlosRosado
    APny said:

Carlos, have you tired a low

Carlos, have you tired a low dose .25 mg Xanax? Does wonders in taking the edge off.

I just did it.... hopefully I

I just did it.... hopefully I will feel better 

• CarlosRosado
    edited August 2018 #10
    Amy_Jo said:

Thinking about you hoping for

Thinking about you hoping for great results. I had scans today to I get my results Friday - I'm so nervous. 

Good luck... praying for you 

Good luck... praying for you 

• MarkDavid18
    MarkDavid18 Member Posts: 61
    Prayers for peace and comfort

Carlos - Those first scans (and pretty much all following) unfortunately cause anxiety - the fear of the unknown and the what if.  When I am feeling anxious, I turn to God and pray for peace and comfort.  I have no control over the results - good or bad - and worrying about it won't change them.  My cancer journey hasn't been very long but what I have learned is that I can't do this alone and I can't let anxiety and fear of the unknown define how I live out each day.  I try to give those worries to God (try as this stuff can be overwhelming at times) and focus on enjoying each day and being thankful for all of the blessings in my life.  I pray that you have peace and comfort while you wait.  Good luck to you.

Mark

• CarlosRosado
    You are right Mark, I can't

You are right Mark, I can't let those toughts drive me crazy.... I feel I little better

Thanks 

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    edited August 2018 #13
    I just want to wish you well

I just want to wish you well and I hope today has gone better for you. It is a little easier when the scan is behind you. Pray for good results for you!! Wishing you all the best.

• You are right Mark, I can't

You are right Mark, I can't let those toughts drive me crazy.... I feel I little better

Thanks 

I remember being completely

I remember being completely freaked out at my 6 month and 1 year scans.  Every time I had an ache or pain in my lower back or abdomen, I thought the cancer monster was coming to get me.  Your thoughts and feelings are not unusual.  Hopefully, you get good results.  Hoping for the best for you.