What's next.....

Amy_Jo
Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member

I just completed 12 weeks of aggressive treatment opdivo/yervoy. I was having joint pain and my oncologist wanted to be sure it's not due to my cancer. I had a radical nephrectomy 3/8/18 twot weeks later I suffered a PE and one and a half months later I found out my cancer had spread it deteriorated my spine invaded my lungs and liver as well. I then had surgery on my spine and after that I began treatment. I was told my cancer was agressive the surgeon that completed my biopsy told my family he was really sorry but my cancer was very aggressive. I put everyone's thoughts about my cancer aside and focused on what made me happy my kids family friends. Today I had scans to see where I stand and what my cancer is doing. I get my results Friday please keep me in your prayers this journey has been so difficult and painful and exhausting, I'm hoping for good news this time. 

Comments

• Hoss79
    Hoss79 Member Posts: 78 Member
    Praying for awesome results!!
    Praying for awesome results!!
  • Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Amy Jo

You are so in my prayer.  I hope that g-d shines down on you with good test results-June

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    Sending all positive healing

Sending all positive healing vibes! I'm glad your on here giving us updates. You are one strong women. *hugs* to you and your family. 

Take care

Steph

• HDPete
    HDPete Member Posts: 16 Member
    Good luck, I’m hoping for the

Good luck, I’m hoping for the best for you!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Prayers being sent. You’ve

Prayers being sent. You’ve had a rough time of it and hope you get some good news. 

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Good luck

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you and your loved ones.

• MarkDavid18
    MarkDavid18 Member Posts: 61
    Prayers for strength!

Amy Jo - I have been praying for you. Our situations are very similar - nephrectomy in April, metastasis in May (very aggressive growth in lungs and tumor in thigh), PE in June and on ipi/nivo.  I have completed 3 of 4 with my final infusion next week and the scans coming shortly after that.  I pray for healing and strength.  I pray for your family.  I pray that God comforts you while you wait for the results and that he continues to carry you through whatever comes next. I really hate this disease.  Good luck ... I hope you have great news on Friday.

Mark

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Senting prayer to you and

Senting prayer to you and Mark, praying for the best result for your treatment.

• Glidergal365
    Glidergal365 Member Posts: 93
    sending good thoughts

I've been wondering how you're doing. Hang in there, I think the waiting is the hardest. Sending you healing thoughts! Smile

• Amy_Jo
    Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member
    Thank you all for thinking of

Thank you all for thinking of me. I have been so strong through all of my ordeals I've never been one to sit and cry. My God has been so great to me I couldn't walk at one point and standing was excruciating due to the damage to my spine. I may not be able to run or jump but I can stand I can walk again. No matter what may come for me I feel victorious like I stuck it to my cancer. Doctors just looked at me and said I'm so sorry there's no cure. I will continue to pray and ask God for healing and strength. No matter what my scans may say I will keep fighting. Thank you all for cheering me on. Steph you have been so kind. Mark I hope your treatment is working wonders for you I think of you often our journey has been quite similar.  

• paintergrl
    paintergrl Member Posts: 47
    Thinking of you

Praying hard for you this week. Praying for peace of mind and comfort and, of course, great results!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Amy Jo, keeping my fingers

Amy Jo, keeping my fingers crossed for good results for you!

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    You got it! You and Mark are

You got it! You and Mark are always in my thoughts. We all have a very aggressive kind of cancer, but yours and his are more similar. I have a scan on the 20th and get results the 28th. I sure hope both of your guys' treatments work. I hate this disease, too. But we roll with it as best we can, as hard as it may get. Keep us posted, both you and Mark David.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Sending prayers

Sending prayers your way  

• Good luck. I sometimes feel

Good luck. I sometimes feel guilty that I have been clean for four years.   I hope it all works out for you and your family.

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Absolutely will be praying

Absolutely will be praying for you AJ And Mark.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    Will be praying

For good news, for strength and peace as you wait.

• LeeAllen
    LeeAllen Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2018 #19
    I'll be thinking of you

I'll be thinking of you during mid day Eucharist Amy Jo 

• Trucker1
    Trucker1 Member Posts: 82
    Good wishes

And prayer for you Amy_Jo!!!

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Amy Jo