Should I be worried

Camilynn1
Camilynn1 Member Posts: 3

Hi I am new here and have an appt Monday for some "leasions"/cyst they found during a CT in the ER for abdominal pain.  I was seen in the ER in July becuase I started having back and side/front abdominal pain.  I thought it was kidney stone as I am prone to them, but pain started in the front when it is normally in the back. Anyways, a CT was done and this is the results of the CT.

Exophytic, 9mm right lower renal pole lesion measures indeterminate density.  Questionable posterior right interpolar region hypodensity measures up to approximately 2 cm and approximately 19 Hounsfield units in attenuation.  4mm nonobstructing left interpolar region and left lower pole nephroliths.

End finds are listed as; 1.  Interdeterminate density right lower renal pole exophytic 9 mm structure.  Recommend further evaluation with nonemrgent three-phase renal CT.

2. Questionable right interpolar region renal hypodensity likely representing a cyst can also be evaluated at the time of the above recommendation with three-phase renal CT.

3. Nonobstructing left nephrolithnisasis up to 4mm.

I know the left is a stone but not sure about the lesion or cyst.  which I know a cyst is pretty common.  Just wondering if I have anything to be concerned about.  I was referrred to a Urologist have an appt Monday.

Thank you for the input.

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    If you are worried about your future the answer is no.

Camilynn1,

The Urologist will evaluate whether you have anyKidney Cancer issues. The possabilities include, nothing to worry about,, too small to diagnos, watch and wait or something very small that they will deal with. Your long term prognosis is excellent in any event That being said the words Kidney Cancer are scarry, we all were. But if you have to join our club everthing will be OK. Lets hope you are a bystander only.

icemantoo

• Camilynn1
    icemantoo said:

If you are worried about your future the answer is no.

Camilynn1,

The Urologist will evaluate whether you have anyKidney Cancer issues. The possabilities include, nothing to worry about,, too small to diagnos, watch and wait or something very small that they will deal with. Your long term prognosis is excellent in any event That being said the words Kidney Cancer are scarry, we all were. But if you have to join our club everthing will be OK. Lets hope you are a bystander only.

icemantoo

Thank you!  I know its

Thank you!  I know its probably nothing but I do know I have had something show up cyst wise on the right for some years now so maybe its just the common cysts.  I see the urlogist on Monday.  I have had 2 painful episodes like this that have landed me in the ER thinking I had appendictis or kidney stones and both just subsided with no clue as to what was hurting so bad.  Not sure what it was but only thing I can think at this point is the kidney. 

Good to read others posts and see that its very treatable if it is the bad C word.  Prayers for those going through it<3

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I don't think they would use

I don't think they would use the word "cyst" if it was anything suspicious but I could be wrong. Hopefully that's really all it is and you don't have to join our club.

• Camilynn1
    edited August 2018 #5
    APny said:

I don't think they would use

I don't think they would use the word "cyst" if it was anything suspicious but I could be wrong. Hopefully that's really all it is and you don't have to join our club.

I hope so also but one it

I hope so also but one it listed as a cyst and is 2 cm but the 9mm one is listed as a lesion.  Is it common to get cysts on thoutside of the kidney?  That is my understanding is that "cyst" looking on is inside and the other "lesion" is on the outside.    Since 2008 ive had the postier right cyst showing up on CTs.  In 2008, it was 1.0cm, 2012 was not noted, 2014 it was noted again same place 16 mm, 2015 noted "simple appearing cyst" but no measurement, and now its showing 2CM and the new "lesion" on the outside is 9mm.  Hoping I am just over thinking and using google too much. <3