First Scans Monday

Cybball
Cybball Member Posts: 111

Have my first scans on Monday since my surgery 6 months ago.  Starting to get that scanxiety that everyone speaks of.  Going to keep myself busy over the weekend and not think about it.  Just really hoping things look good.  Haven't had a scan since they found my RCC.

Wish me luck!  :)

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Will be thinking of you. All

Will be thinking of you. All the best and may Uncle Ned stop by!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Try not to worry

Cybball,

With such a small tumor I'm going to Vegas to put all my money on Uncle Ned.

icemantoo

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    I'm There With You

My first scans since my Feb surgery are on the 22nd of this month. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been on my mind already - I'm sure it'll get worse in the next couple of weeks.  Best wishes that you have a totally boring scan.

Jim

• CRashster
    CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member
    It's funny

How it gets ahold of you.

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Best of luck

To ALL those with scans coming up soon-keep positive-June

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Cy

When do you get your results?  I'm hopeful you get them later in the day on Monday.  I'm amazed at the number of people that have to wait days for their results.  

Good luck

Stub

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Get set to deal with this for some time

Scanxiety is a natural and inevitable fact of life for those of us who have had surgery to remove primaries.  You will have to go through this for quite a while yet, so develop a strategy for coping with the stress.  An "all-clear" result can be quite a high.

Best of luck with this,

Fred

• Cybball
    Thanks everyone!  Heading out

Thanks everyone!  Heading out in 1/2 hour.  Not sure when results will be shared.  I'm hoping today.  I have scans, then go upstairs to see my surgeon for a visit.  Maybe then?  Not sure how fast they will get them read.  Really hoping for good news as this is the first go since surgery.  Feeling pretty good about it though.

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Best wishes.  I had mine a

Best wishes.  I had mine a couple of weeks ago. The results were available in about two days for me.

• Cybball
    Just got home.  Doc said

Just got home.  Doc said scans looked great and my kidney function was great.  Yippee!  Happy to say (first time ever) that NED has made a visit!!!

• katowe68
    katowe68 Member Posts: 11
    Tapman63 said:

I'm There With You

My first scans since my Feb surgery are on the 22nd of this month. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been on my mind already - I'm sure it'll get worse in the next couple of weeks.  Best wishes that you have a totally boring scan.

Jim

Scans

I had a PET scan this morning.  I was the same way.  A wreck.  Now to await the results.  So you're not alone my friend.

• MudMan
    MudMan Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2018 #13
    Great News

I am excited for you on the good news.

• Cybball
    Thanks MudMan.  :)

Thanks MudMan.  :)

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Cybball said:

Just got home.  Doc said

Just got home.  Doc said scans looked great and my kidney function was great.  Yippee!  Happy to say (first time ever) that NED has made a visit!!!

Congrats on the NED, it is

Congrats on the NED, it is time to party :)

• Amy_Jo
    Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member
    Waiting with you I had scans

Waiting with you I had scans today I hope you get good results thinking of you. 

• Cybball said:

Just got home.  Doc said

Nice!  NED is very busy this

Nice!  NED is very busy this week. 

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Awesome results!! So happy

Awesome results!! So happy for you.