Back in the hospital...

Tunadog
Tunadog Member Posts: 235 Member
edited July 2018 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Went to Pain doctor, Ganglion Impar Block didn’t work.

thursday - rectal Surgeon

Friday ER - admitted later in the day to hospital, I’m still here.

Waiting for test results 

Comments

• Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Sorry

Oh No Tuna Dog! The weekends are the worst waiting on tests. I hope that they give you positive news and that you are on the mend as quick as possible. Please keep us updated and Get well soon. Prayers and Hugs!!!

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Oh no!

i hope you are ok and it’s nothing serious!! Get well soon!

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Damn

Damn, sorry to hear of the bad turn of events.  Here's hoping that things turn better soon.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Geez, I hope you're up and at 'em and out of there as soon as possible.

Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Thinking of you

Hope they come up with a way to resolve your ails.  Hospitals are not fun, and the food even worse, so I hope you get results soon and get yourself home and well. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Terrible

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm hoping that they can figure out what is causing the problem.  Ugg it's no fun having to wait for tests and I'm sure that because it's a weekend nothing can happen soon enough.  Thinking about you.

Kim

• Tunadog
    Thanks for the good wishes..

I'm being well taken care of. The doctors have all been by To check out my butt. 

Food is good. Lots of tests to determine the nature of my infectoon.

I expect to be here a couple more days. 

Thanks again.

PM me if you have particular questions 

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Tunadog said:

I'm being well taken care of. The doctors have all been by To check out my butt. 

Thanks again.

I hope

They figure it out soon!!!!! Glad it’s not too bad there! Thinking of you!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Tunadog said:

Thanks again.

What?!!!

Good food in a hospital? Has never happened for me. Once, after five days of fluids, I was given a VERY stale cheese sandwich, and when I pulled it apart, mold. 

So, I am happy you are eating good food. Heck, I'm happy you are eating. 

May all your tests be productive. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    Trubrit said:

What?!!!

Good food in a hospital? Has never happened for me. Once, after five days of fluids, I was given a VERY stale cheese sandwich, and when I pulled it apart, mold. 

Tru

Good Hospital Food

Actually the hospital that is my main one is Henry Ford Hospital in Bloomfield Hills, MI and they have really good food.  They have a chef that will prepare what you want from a menu.  Got pizza, great sandwich, eggs, etc.  I've had every meal from breakfast to dinner and they have the best and you can order 24 hour service from a great variety.  Love Henry Ford.

Kim

• Twinzma
    Trubrit said:

What?!!!

Tru

LOL

The hospital I usually go to for my angioedma attacks has lousy food. Unless I am stuck in ICU with throat swells and can't eat I just whip out the credit card and order in from local restaurants! My last attack I had to go to a closer hospital...Their food is even worse, instead of calling it nutritional services they slapped the name "room serivce" instead. Sorry but this is just putting lipstick on a pig. 

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2018 #13

Good Hospital Food

Actually the hospital that is my main one is Henry Ford Hospital in Bloomfield Hills, MI and they have really good food.  They have a chef that will prepare what you want from a menu.  Got pizza, great sandwich, eggs, etc.  I've had every meal from breakfast to dinner and they have the best and you can order 24 hour service from a great variety.  Love Henry Ford.

Kim

Awaiting news

Tuna, I hope you get some resolution soon. We all feel better when there is a plan in place, don't we?

I've been stuck in the hospital and now rehab since July 8. Family brings me dinner most nights. Breakfast is usually tolerable. But I can't wait to go home and eat some decent eggs, and fresh juice, etc.

• Cindy225
    Cindy225 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Get Well Soon

So sorry you are in the hospital with an infection.

Lots of tests to rule out potential causes can take so long.

Remember to keep walking to maintain your strength and to get some exercise while enjoying all the good food!

Cindy

• Tunadog
    edited July 2018 #15

Awaiting news

Tuna, I hope you get some resolution soon. We all feel better when there is a plan in place, don't we?

I've been stuck in the hospital and now rehab since July 8. Family brings me dinner most nights. Breakfast is usually tolerable. But I can't wait to go home and eat some decent eggs, and fresh juice, etc.

Going home...

My Onc and Surgeon came be today. They gave me scripts for pain, Morphine ER and Norco.

We will continue working on my Cancer once the pain and infection is gone.

So the plan is to Keep on Keeping On.

Peace

• Twinzma
    Tunadog said:

Going home...

My Onc and Surgeon came be today. They gave me scripts for pain, Morphine ER and Norco.

Peace

Whew!

Glad your stay was on the short side and that you are going home. Hopefully your pain subsides soon and you can get some quality rest at home. Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard as you recover from this bump in the road. Hugs!

• Annabelle41415
    edited July 2018 #17
    WooHooo

Glad you're going home.  You'll feel a lot better there.  Hope the pain meds help and your start to feel better soon.  Thanks for the update.

Kim

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2018 #18
    Hope it turns out OK

That stinks to high heaven having to go back in especially on a weekend.   Praying for a speedy full recovery. 

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    Tunadog said:

Going home...

Peace

Thanks for the update. I'm assuming they released you.

That's pretty good news, I'd say. I haven't decided if I enjoy focusing on a health issue other than the cancer yet. I hope your infection clears up fast. I just got home from rehab facility today. Not fun. But we have to scale these mountains one at a time I guess!

• Tunadog

Thanks for the update. I'm assuming they released you.

That's pretty good news, I'd say. I haven't decided if I enjoy focusing on a health issue other than the cancer yet. I hope your infection clears up fast. I just got home from rehab facility today. Not fun. But we have to scale these mountains one at a time I guess!

Doing better every days...

They have released me, My infection is subsiding as well as some pain.

Still on the narcotics