Got a brain met and now it is dead I hope

amandac2018
amandac2018 Member Posts: 26

I ended up going to ER mid June with seizures, they did a cat scan and found a single brain met in my parietal lobe. Began on Dex methasone to keep the swelling down and with no more seizures was able to to go and have SBR in 5 gy in one sitting. Pretty amazing technology. So for now, I guess this dead tissue will live in my brain, and now I just have to wean off these steroids. They let me bring the mask home and I have an awesome pic, I wanted to share with you but can't post the pic!! Anyway sending healing love and light to you all

Comments

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Sounds like great news to

Sounds like great news to kill that sucker off! Glad to hear it and now you can relax and enjoy the weekend!!

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Crazy

Crazy what mischief one little met can do, but YAY what amazing crazy stuff they can do to nail that met. All the best --

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    So glad they killed it.

So glad they killed it. Wishing you a quick recovery!

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Good news

Good news, thanks for sharing. Sending positive thoughts to you and your loved ones.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Yes! Here's to a great

Yes! Here's to a great recovery!!

• Amy_Jo
    Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member
    Thinking of you and praying I

Thinking of you and praying I know how hard it can be to deal with this. I had my fair share of hospital stays and steroids are horrible. Sending hugs and prayers your way. 

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member
    incredible technology

One sitting is incredible. I just had ten sittings of more generalized full brain radiation. I also asked if I could keep the mask. It really is cool; the ozone smell during the "zaps". The red and blue lights that appear. The addition of Dexamethazone is nearly miraculous. You hang in there. Keep us updated.

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    We are all with you

On this- glad the zaps worked-continued good health-June

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    AnnissaP said:

Yes! Here's to a great

Yes! Here's to a great recovery!!

Anissa

Every time I see your picture I smile thinking of you and your son dancing together. I so enjoyed those YouTube videos! You've got a good looking son! He takes after mom I guess? :)

Todd