PENDING TO SURGERY

Comments

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80

CT REPORT

Exam: CT ABDOMEN PELVIS W PLUS WO CONTRAST

Indication:Left renal mass possibly AML (seen on MRI)

Comparison:Prior MRI performed at an outside facility dated June 26, 2018 is not available for comparison at time of dictation due to technical issues.

Technique:Multiplanar CT of the abdomen and pelvis was performed before and after the administration of intravenous contrast, utilizing renal mass protocol.

Findings:

1 mm hyperdensity in the left renal superior pole, image 27 series 4, possible tiny calculus.

Arterially enhancing mass in the left renal superior pole extending into the hilum measuring 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.9 cm.

Tiny cortical hypoattenuating lesion in the left renal superior pole, too small to characterize.

Retroaortic left renal vein.

Right kidney is unremarkable.

Both kidneys enhance and excrete contrast symmetrically.

Bladder is unremarkable.

3-D MIPS reformats redemonstrate left renal superior pole mass causing mass effect on adjacent calyces.

Prostate gland is not enlarged.

Liver is normal in size and contour.

Punctate hypoattenuating focus in the dome of the liver, too small to characterize, image 45 series 12.

Portal system is patent.

Spleen, pancreas, and adrenal glands are unremarkable.

Stomach is unremarkable. Small bowel and appendix are unremarkable.

Colon is unremarkable.

Abdominal aorta is normal in caliber.

Right hepatic artery arises directly from the aorta.

No significant lymphadenopathy.

Osseous structures are unremarkable.

Impression:

Arterially enhancing left renal superior pole mass measuring 2.5 x 3.5 x 2.9 cm, suspicious for renal cell carcinoma.

Please review report above for complete details and additional findings.
    It's small...

They are going to tell you that you will have a mid 90% chance of this never coming back once it is taken out. Enjoy Cancun!

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Jorge

It's good that you got your report and are able to look at something concrete as far as you're diagnosis.  My mass was very close in size to yours.  It might even be smaller once they get in my report said 3.7 but was really 2.5.  As far as I understand that is pretty small and a good thing.  As far as the other parts of the report I really can't help you but I'm sure other people here can.  Keep positive and OFF GOOGLE, I drove myself crazy trying to figure things out-best of luck -June

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited July 2018 #24
    I'm a little confused. They

I'm a little confused. They mention a possible AML on left kidney. I have one on each and that's not cancer. Then they mention a 3.5 x 3.5 x 2.9 cm mass, and later at the end a 2.5 x 3.5 x 3.9 cm mass. Are they three different things? Are the last two the same and just mistyped as to size?

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Try Not To Worry

Your situation sounds a good bit like mine - tumor was about the same size on the left kidney.  The only big difference is that I had to have a full neph because of the location.  I had my surgery in mid-February and all is well.   Your first two weeks may be a little disconcerting, but you'll find that you will recover pretty quickly after that and be good to go.  I'm five months out now and really the only issue I have is getting tired every now and then.  I'd say my energy is back to 95+% of what it was before.  The worst part about all of this is the waiting and the uncertainty - we all understand that here.  Visit this forum often and you'll find yourself a bit more at peace - it helped me immensely in the days right after my diagnosis when I would have the crying spells out of the blue and wasn't able to sleep.  Between us all, we've been throuogh just about every scenario imaginable and will be more than happy to talk you through this.

Best of luck with your surgery and keep positive!  Your RCC was found early and you should have a very positive prognosis!

Best Wishes,

Jiim

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Keep cool

It's never nice to be told you've got cancer.  However it is not as fatal as it used to be.  Many people with worse diagnoses than yours have survived and continue to enjoy life. 

You can't help but reflect on your own mortality at times like this, but don't be too despondent - chances are you'll get through this.  Make the most of life in the meantime.

Best wishes.

• xraydiazjj123
    xraydiazjj123 Member Posts: 23
    I KNOW

I know APny, I know it is also very confusing. I got an MRI the week before and the radiologist who dictated it suggests that it is an AML but the CT shows another suspicion of RCC but anyway I have to go to surgery, because It can bring other consequences,

• xraydiazjj123
    Tapman63 said:

Try Not To Worry

Your situation sounds a good bit like mine - tumor was about the same size on the left kidney.  The only big difference is that I had to have a full neph because of the location.  I had my surgery in mid-February and all is well.   Your first two weeks may be a little disconcerting, but you'll find that you will recover pretty quickly after that and be good to go.  I'm five months out now and really the only issue I have is getting tired every now and then.  I'd say my energy is back to 95+% of what it was before.  The worst part about all of this is the waiting and the uncertainty - we all understand that here.  Visit this forum often and you'll find yourself a bit more at peace - it helped me immensely in the days right after my diagnosis when I would have the crying spells out of the blue and wasn't able to sleep.  Between us all, we've been throuogh just about every scenario imaginable and will be more than happy to talk you through this.

Best of luck with your surgery and keep positive!  Your RCC was found early and you should have a very positive prognosis!

Best Wishes,

Jiim

thank you tapman63

You're right I'm going through very difficult times I can hardly sleep I have to take benadrylline to sleep a little not much, I only think of my children I've cried a lot I come here makes me feel good thank you 

• xraydiazjj123
    Manufred said:

Keep cool

It's never nice to be told you've got cancer.  However it is not as fatal as it used to be.  Many people with worse diagnoses than yours have survived and continue to enjoy life. 

You can't help but reflect on your own mortality at times like this, but don't be too despondent - chances are you'll get through this.  Make the most of life in the meantime.

Best wishes.

thank you Manufred

NO is nothing compared, I think this news is unparalleled, it is the most horrible thing for what a human being can go  through , but well I did not choose this path that I am going through, I hope all this ends soon. And that the pathology report gives me good news its hard to pretend every thing is  fine but I'm trying my best thankyou man 

• lakotagirl
    lakotagirl Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018 #30
    I went in march to orthopedic

I went in march to orthopedic doctor. cause I need a new hip. ct scan showed a suspicious mass on my left kidney. second ct scan with contrast revealed a 10cm tumor. so july 20th I had surgery. robotic was planned but dr had to go back to classic method and cut me open even remove one rib to get kidney and tumor out. the pathology report said it was stage 2 cancer with no signs of spreading tumor still confined to kidney

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Welcome, Lakotagirl

Welcome to our little part of the cancer world.  Can you let us know where you are being treated?  I'm hopeful your recovery is going well and you are getting your strength back. With a 10 cm stage 2 mass I'm sure you will be on a pretty regular scan schedule. 

Best of luck!

Stub

• xraydiazjj123
    surgery done

ok guys the surgery was done, so far so good ,better than expected , i got the surgery on wenesday, walking the same day in the afternoon ,by friday i was home and by tuesday i was ready no pain medication just medication for sleep, number 2 no problem the doctor was able to save the 70% of the kidney the tumor was 4 cm in the large part and 3,5 the others , well encapsulated  margin clear and deep margins clear for carcinoma cell ,i was bery happy until the pathology , so this journy is not over yet, and cancun trip the best ever, i'm a little sad some times  this blog make me go back on track thank you guys 

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Piece of cake

jorge,

That wasn't so bad, was it? OK surgery is not fun, but hopfully you are on the road to a full recovery from the big C.

icemantoo

• xraydiazjj123
    icemantoo said:

Piece of cake

jorge,

That wasn't so bad, was it? OK surgery is not fun, but hopfully you are on the road to a full recovery from the big C.

icemantoo

actually i was ready at the

actually i was ready at the day 9 no pain nothing the grade was 4 but I was reading les recurrence is in grade 1 and 4 so the doctor told me 20% ,fingers crossed 

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Hola Jorge

I'm glad to hear you are through the surgery and into recovery phase and sounds like you are doing well.  Your tumor was similar size to mine - I also had partial nephrectomy but had only one kidney to begin with, and I am doing fine two years after surgery.  I think a little sadness is pretty normal after what we have been through.  It's more than just a physical loss...  Take care -

• xraydiazjj123
    jazzgirl said:

Hola Jorge

I'm glad to hear you are through the surgery and into recovery phase and sounds like you are doing well.  Your tumor was similar size to mine - I also had partial nephrectomy but had only one kidney to begin with, and I am doing fine two years after surgery.  I think a little sadness is pretty normal after what we have been through.  It's more than just a physical loss...  Take care -

hola Jazzgirl !!! yes the

hola Jazzgirl !!! yes the surgery was very easy for me I was terrified but the recovery so easy and yes the sadness is killing me the doctor told me ill be fine the phatolgy said the tumor was well -circumscribed (which seems to be capsulated ) and i think that is good, ists good to hear from people they doing fine after years thank you Wink

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Glad to hear you came through

Glad to hear you came through your surgery very well! That's what I love to hear!! Your tumor did not spread and they got it all out easily. Very very good news. You are very fortunate. I hope it never returns!

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    You are doing great after

You are doing great after surgery great news.

• Manufred
    Manufred Member Posts: 241 Member
    Good work

Jorge,

Happy to see everything has gone well so far.  Keep it up and best wishes,

Fred 

• xraydiazjj123

You are doing great after

You are doing great after surgery great news.

thank you all

Cool

• xraydiazjj123
    Manufred said:

Good work

Jorge,

Happy to see everything has gone well so far.  Keep it up and best wishes,

Fred 

thank you Manufred

thank youCool