Going to surgery

pato58
pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member

in a few hours and feeling so anxious and scared. I had what I think is a panic attack while taking a shower a couple hours back. I have never had an attack before, though I do suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. It felt like a desperate feeling of impending terror and I could not breathe completely. I have been stoic so far about the whole diagnosis but I am slowly but surely digesting the whole processEmbarassed

Please, think about me ladies!

Comments

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    maybe this will help

Right before surgery, a friend suggested I repeat these phrases to myself.  It really calmed me.  I hope it will help you  

I am safe

I am protected

I am strong

I am surrounded by love

Good luck.  Our thoughts will be with you. 

• judyv3
    judyv3 Member Posts: 143 Member
    Thinking of you

Sending all positive thoughts for surgery and recovery.  Let us know how you are doing.  

Peace.

Judy

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Best wishes

May all go smoothly this morning. I really like what CheeseQueen57 said.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    My thoughts are with you

and I hope you get the best news possible. Heal well. 

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member

Prayers!

You will come through this and discover strength within you that you never knew you had!

And you will know exactly what you're up against...I think we all hate dealing with the unknown.

• MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    Good Luck

Right before surgery is a scary time but you will do great!  Prayers being sent!

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Hoping your recovery goes well

I hope your recovery goes well. One major milestone to bring without evidence of disease is now behind you! 

Peace and light, 

Lori

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Prayers for you and yours!

Prayers for you and yours!

• pato58
    Grateful for your thoughts

Thank you so much my dear ladiesLaughing
    I finally had my operation yesterday. I had DaVinci robotic only. They decided not to repair the hernia. They said that it did not look so bad after all. I came this afternoon back home. Now I have to wait for the pathology reportEmbarassed
    Keep in touch!

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    pato58 said:

Grateful for your thoughts

Thank you so much my dear ladiesLaughing
    I finally had my operation yesterday. I had DaVinci robotic only. They decided not to repair the hernia. They said that it did not look so bad after all. I came this afternoon back home. Now I have to wait for the pathology reportEmbarassed
    Keep in touch!

Terrific!

Whew. That step on your path is complete. Rest well Pato. As my nurse told me, you get this one chance to recover from surgery. Use it wisely. Take God care.

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Sounds like it went well :)

Sounds like it went well :) Take it easy!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, pato

I also had the DaVinci robotic surgery and felt pretty good about 3 days out. The ride home was a killer due to my gas-bloated abdomen. Every bump in the road was horrible! Hopefully you will heal quickly and will do well throughout treatment.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member

I had to be reminded constantly that I FEEL better than I AM right after surgery!  Obey those lifting restrictions and rest a lot!  The biggest of your incisions are inside and you must be kind to them!

• pato58
    Thank you all

SmileCool

• xraydiazjj123
    xraydiazjj123 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2018 #16
    Sending all positive thoughts

Sending all positive thoughts for surgery and recovery