So now what?

CRashster
CRashster Member Posts: 241 Member

cancer comes into our lives and changes everything. Our thoughts, our lives, the way we think. A new normal. Constantly concerned. Planning around appts. But, what happens when the doc gives an all clear? I’m not who I was before, but now I’m ok. So, is it another new normal? ive Learned so much about life, it seems odd to try and go back to how I was. How do I use my new knowledge? Don’t get me wrong, I’m very grateful, just wondering what’s next?

Comments

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2018 #2
    You might've changed, you might feel you have a new normal

You might look at the world differently-But deep down your the same person.  Just be yourself  take each day as it comes, be in the moment and enjoy-June

• CRashster
    Being the same person

seems like a waste of 2 years.

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    I don't think any of us are

I don't think any of us are the same people we were before our diagnoses.  I used my new knowledge of kidney cancer to come here and, hopefully, help other people who have questions that I might be able to answer.  I did not know of this site before my operation and, to be honest, I don't remember how I came across it in my travels, but I'm glad I did.  Everyone has a different experience and, so, a different take on pretty much everything.  But the first time everyone comes here, they come with one overriding thought in their minds.....to get answers that will help them or a loved one.

• CRashster

I don't think any of us are

I don't think any of us are the same people we were before our diagnoses.  I used my new knowledge of kidney cancer to come here and, hopefully, help other people who have questions that I might be able to answer.  I did not know of this site before my operation and, to be honest, I don't remember how I came across it in my travels, but I'm glad I did.  Everyone has a different experience and, so, a different take on pretty much everything.  But the first time everyone comes here, they come with one overriding thought in their minds.....to get answers that will help them or a loved one.

I just need to figure out my new role. For two years, I trained my brain to think a certain way.

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Just wondering

which way did you train your brain to think?  It may not be a big revelation your waiting for- maybe it's something simple and you're stressing out for no reason.  Good luck- I hope you get the answes you're needing soon-June

• CRashster

Just wondering

which way did you train your brain to think?  It may not be a big revelation your waiting for- maybe it's something simple and you're stressing out for no reason.  Good luck- I hope you get the answes you're needing soon-June

Cancer

cancer is pretty scary. I think, at first, everyone thinks they are going to die. Then you get to where you don’t plan too far ahead. Then, every time you scan, the process seems to start over. You lose hope. Now, it’s like I’m finally allowed to plan farther ahead then 6 months. But, during this whole process, you learn how to live, because you think time is short.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Exactly

"But, during this whole process, you learn how to live, because you think time is short."

This is the part of a cancer diagnosis that I referred to in your "What I learned" thread.  I hope I never lose this revelation of the shortness of life.  

Here's to living each day fully!

Stub

• CRashster
    stub1969 said:

Exactly

"But, during this whole process, you learn how to live, because you think time is short."

This is the part of a cancer diagnosis that I referred to in your "What I learned" thread.  I hope I never lose this revelation of the shortness of life.  

Here's to living each day fully!

Stub

I hope

i hope I never lose that and I hope I never lose the fear.

• LeeAllen
    LeeAllen Member Posts: 40
    CRashter, what a wonderful

CRashter, what a wonderful problem to have! So happy for you. 

I've wondered the same thing. After my father gets better, what then? We've put so much time and energy -- everything,  ALL of it, into this cancer deal. 

I saw in another post that you live 4 hours from the Smokies. Do you live in Tennessee? 

• CRashster
    LeeAllen said:

CRashter, what a wonderful

CRashter, what a wonderful problem to have! So happy for you. 

I've wondered the same thing. After my father gets better, what then? We've put so much time and energy -- everything,  ALL of it, into this cancer deal. 

I saw in another post that you live 4 hours from the Smokies. Do you live in Tennessee? 

Yes sir.

just north of Nashville. And yes a good problem. 

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Everything is different. We

Everything is different. We are blessed in a way to see what we see and know what we know. We have that fire under our **** that's a reminder to live to the fullest cause we don't know what will happen. Not a fear, but a fearlessness and new appreciation for each day. I am sure everything will fall into place for you. It won't happen over night, but I think it unfolds one step at a time xoxo