How do I know I don't have bone mets?

Options

I was diagnosed 5 months ago with ERPR positive, HER2 negative IDC, stage 3b. I had one positive axillary lymph node (biopsied) and one internal mammary lymph node that they said was "probable", but couldn't be biopsied. I finished 16 rounds of chemo last week and will be having surgery and radiation soon.  The PET scan from a few weeks ago showed no visible remaining cancer. I also had a liver MRI because they saw something there, but the radiologist says its just a fatty spot. The PET scan also said "Morphologically stable probable LEFT iliac bone island". My oncologist says this means nothing and is normal. Over the past few months, I had back and hip pain off and on that wasn't there before. How can I be sure that I don't have bone mets?

Comments

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not sure keep talking with your Oncologist

Hello Egankeevan...prayers and hugs to you and your treatments and surgery! keep asking questions of you doctors and try not to worry as much if they already did test and scans and told you are Okay...blessing to you with everything...its Hard ..Im sure you are a FIGHTER.

contivue to BEEPOSITIVE  !!!

• anniemshe
    anniemshe Member Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Positive

If all tests not showing anything then keep praying and going on. But keep with follow up regularly. 

• Egankeevan
    Egankeevan Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2018 #4
    Options
    Update

The pain in my left hip has continued. I finally mentioned it to my oncologist again last week and he's ordering an xray. Since I saw him, I've realized that my left tibia is a little painful to the touch. My breast cancer was on my right side...would it be odd for bone mets to show up on my left side first?

• anniemshe
    anniemshe Member Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say this but it is

Sorry to say this but it is not odd as my breast cancer was on my left and 10 years later had bone Mets on right shoulder which I mistook for a frozen shoulder!!! Four months later did a MRI as physical therapy was not helping and found out that it was bone cancer!!!