Slower heart rate after radiation & carbo/taxol chemo?

mgbean2003
mgbean2003 Member Posts: 2

I was treated with radiation and carbo/taxol chemo for stage 3 lung cancer in 2016.  Surgery to remove my lower left lobe showed that the tumor was dead and I have been cancer free since then.  Since completing treatment, I have noticed that my blood pressure is lower and my heart rate is slower than before my diagnosis.   I am active and am concerned that the treatment may have caused heart damage.  Has anyone else experienced these long term effects?  And, if so, can you explain them to me?  Thanks!

Comments

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    Have you advised your dr?

Since no one here is a dr and your concern is with your heart and blood pressure, you really should speak to your dr right away. Better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck.

• mgbean2003
    mgbean2003 Member Posts: 2
    jorola said:

Have you advised your dr?

Since no one here is a dr and your concern is with your heart and blood pressure, you really should speak to your dr right away. Better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck.

Thank you.  I have spoken to

Thank you.  I have spoken to my oncologist and pulmonary doctor about this.  I recently had heart  tests done and everything is normal.  My blood pressure used to run about 120/80 and is now usually more like 105/70.  I have taken blood pressure medication for years and my GP wants me to continue it - but I wonder if I really need to.  I am active, but have a hard time getting my heart rate above 120 now, while before the lung cancer,  I could push it closer to 140.  I'm wondering if others have had similar experiences.