Imfinzi

smythcr
smythcr Member Posts: 1

Has anyone been treated with the immunotherapy Imfinzi? If so, how many treatments have you had?

Comments

• kfs52
    kfs52 Member Posts: 31
    Infinzi

Smythcr

I had 2 treatments in March, after 2nd treatmet they stopped because of pain. I was put on steriods, which is somethig you cannot be on when you get immunotherapy, I was told. They are contra, one lowers immune systems while one is trying to bolster it.

I will re-start treatment next week.

Are you taking Imfinzi?

• kfs52
    kfs52 Member Posts: 31
    Infinzi

Smythcr

I had 2 treatments in March, after 2nd treatmet they stopped because of pain. I was put on steriods, which is somethig you cannot be on when you get immunotherapy, I was told. They are contra, one lowers immune systems while one is trying to bolster it.

I will re-start treatment next week.

Are you taking Imfinzi?

• Eagle13
    Eagle13 Member Posts: 1
    Imfinzi

I have had 4 treatments.  No major issues so far.  Mainly fatigue, slight rashes on the face area.  Ongoing cough from radiation treatments.

• ClaCla
    ClaCla Member Posts: 136 Member
    Ongoing Cough

Eagle13, look up the symptoms of radiation pneumonitis to make sure that's not the source of your cough.  If it is, the pneumonitis may require treatment before proceeding with Imfinzi.  I recently had my second Opdivo immunotherapy treatment, but before starting that I had to clear up the other first.  Best success.