lung nodules could this be cancer

dawnb0220
dawnb0220 Member Posts: 3

Hello I'm new here and I was just hoping for any insight on my situation or to just see if anyone else had same problem and turned out to be cancer or not. 2 years ago i was hospitalized because i had a high fever of 103.5 shortness of breath and had a ct scan done first night at er found a few nodules through out both lungs and mass on adrenal gland and also mass on thyroid. i was told i possibly had something called mens syndrome and id need follow up care and ct scans and had to see someone who specialized in thyroids i did all thee above thyroid got so big in 4 months time that i had no choice but to have a total thyroidectomy it weighed in at 47 grams when they took it out but was told no cancer so thats good mens syndrome turned out to be a no for me and i had follow up ct scans at 6months was told adrenal mass went down but still there,was also told all nodules in lungs gone except 1 in my right middle lobe to have scan done again in a year had ct scan done again last year no word on adrenal that time but same spot on middle right lobe of lungs now 1 year later this month i had ctscan adrenal mass is back and is 1.3 cm right middle lobe nodule still there this time says calcified and a new finding in my left upper lobe lung 5mm non calcified nodule i will have another ctscan in 4 months in september but my questions still reside with the right middle lobe nodule i know its calcified so shouldnt worry to much but in these last 2 years it went from 4mm to 5mm to 7x2mm and now 6mm in diameter my primary doc says might have to see chest surgeon depending on next ct in 4 months based on new non calcified nodule idk what to thinkany insight thank you ahead of time and soory so long

Comments

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    Are they planning a biopsy?

Nodules can occur for multiple reasons: scarring from previous illness, current infection, inflammation, even arthritis and yes of course cancer. Watching for growth is usually the first step but then at some point a biopsy is planned if there is growth or other things cause concerns. Yes calcification is normally a good thing as the chance of cancer is less. I only speak from experience of my husband having stage 3b squamous non-small cell lung cancer though. But thought I would add in what I have learned. Hope it helps. Best of luck and may everything be non cancerous.

• dawnb0220
    jorola said:

Are they planning a biopsy?

Nodules can occur for multiple reasons: scarring from previous illness, current infection, inflammation, even arthritis and yes of course cancer. Watching for growth is usually the first step but then at some point a biopsy is planned if there is growth or other things cause concerns. Yes calcification is normally a good thing as the chance of cancer is less. I only speak from experience of my husband having stage 3b squamous non-small cell lung cancer though. But thought I would add in what I have learned. Hope it helps. Best of luck and may everything be non cancerous.

Thank you I'm assuming biopsy

Thank you I'm assuming biopsy next if changes occur during these next 4 months the waiting is so crappy though

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    the waiting is the worst

A very dear friend of mine told me to focus on doing the things I loved during these long wait periods. She said what better way to spend my time. She was right of course. Not saying it was easy but it helped some.

• dawnb0220
    jorola said:

the waiting is the worst

A very dear friend of mine told me to focus on doing the things I loved during these long wait periods. She said what better way to spend my time. She was right of course. Not saying it was easy but it helped some.

(No subject)

Smile