What in the HELL!!!

Cinnamongirl
Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member

No procedure today they found another tumor. Waiting to hear from surgeon. Sounds like I will be headed down to Seattle soon for a major procedure.

How in the hell can something grow that fast. I can't even breathe right now.

The hits keep coming...

Cin

Comments

• Babygirl05
    Babygirl05 Member Posts: 42
    I'm so sorry to hear that. 

I'm so sorry to hear that.  Lean on your friends and family for support and they will help you get through this. 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Sorry to hear this. Nothing

Sorry to hear this. Nothing surprises me when it comes to cancer. 

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    Hate to say they do grow rapidly sometimes.

A local RCC survivor went in for an unknown swelling and they found a growth on her left kidney the size of an orange.  By the time surgery was done 3 weeks later it had increased to a 13# watermellon.  She is still alive over 15 years later.

Hope to hear you are as successful.  And good luck and Hugs.

donna_lee

• Bryn1108
    Bryn1108 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Praying hard

Please know my husband and I are praying hard for you.  BIG HUGS 

• sandy23
    sandy23 Member Posts: 143 Member
    What?  How can that even be? 

What?  How can that even be?  I assume it was also in your kidney, or was it found someplace else?  Do they think it could just be a cyst?

• Steph85
    Steph85 Member Posts: 166 Member
    Oh Cin!

I'm so so sorry! I can't believe how fast this all happened! If I could, I would give you a hug! Keep us posted. I don't pray, but I'm sending positive thoughts your way! 

Take care, 

Stephanie

• Cinnamongirl
    I have no idea how or why. I

I have no idea how or why. I now have a tumor on my upper pole and lower pole both very small and encapsulated. Dr today said he has never seen a tumor pop up like that in a month.

I'm very scared.

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    Oh gosh

Sorry to hear-sending good wishes your way.  

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I'm so sorry, Cinnamon. I'm

I'm so sorry, Cinnamon. I'm hoping it's a cyst and that's why it grew fast. How did they find this?

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    So sorry, but...

...a big thing to take away is that they are both very small.  Get that kidney out as soon as you can get surgery scheduled and stop any spread from happening.  The group is here for you whenever you need...I know it's hard under these circumstances, but stay positive!!

Best wishes,

Jim

• Cinnamongirl
    I'm not gonna have the kidney

I'm not gonna have the kidney out. It's the only one  I have left Jim.

They found it with CT before procedure

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Hi. I am so very sorry to

Hi. I am so very sorry to hear this. Maybe it was missed? Mine was for 3 scans until last August. Either way....hang in there. They will take care of you no doubt!!! We are all with you friend.

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80
    Sorry Cinn...

THoughts and prayers from large groups is scientifically known to work wonders though. :) Be strong and as positive as you can be. 

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Look at it this way

You will now be more closely looked at with little time lost before surgery. 2nd tumor was probably better enhanced not  new. They also didn't opt for radical neph so it still looks good.

• Glidergal365
    Glidergal365 Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2018 #16
    I'm sorry

Hang in there! I can only imagine all the things running through your mind right now. I hope you have some good folks to surround you in person right now <3 Sending peaceful thoughts to you

• Cinnamongirl
    Surgeon called he is ordering

Surgeon called he is ordering a different kind of scan so he can get a better look at kidney looking like a partial nephrectomy for sure depending on what the scan shows. Top tumor is 1.4 cm bottom is 1.6 cm.

I asked to be referred to seattle and he said I would have to go to Swedish because Univ if Wash doesn't take kaiser which is my insurance.

His office is going to call me tomorrow with an appt.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Turn of events

Not only do we "get" to struggle with the emotional demons of RCC, we also have to work (and sometimes battle) with insurance companies.  You've had a rough turn of events, Cinn.  Sounds like you will be working with some very qualified RCC people.  Try to trust them.  One question...Do you remember the grade of your original tumor?

Take care,

Stub

• Cinnamongirl
    Yes my original tumor was a

Yes my original tumor was a stage T2b grade 3.

However every Dr and radiologist so far have said these are primary tumors not metastases. And that my lymph nodes all look grear

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Two primary tumors?

With your age and primary tumors in both kidneys I'd really push for genetic testing.  It may reveal something that will help in the long run.  Depending on where they are located on the top and bottom of your kidney you may be able to have partials with limited loss of kidney.  I'm sure that option will come up.

Good luck, Cinnamon.

Stub

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    Well, that just sucks

So sorry, Cin. Hopefully they caught it in time, and this will end up being a momentary setback.