AnnissaP?, Jan4you?

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Good to see you both! Jan, I

Good to see you both! Jan, I hope the other health issues are not giving you too much problems. Feel better xo

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Hi Anissa and Jan

So glad you surfaced...  I love reading your posts

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    Glad everyone is ok

It's wonderful how people here look out for each other like this! 

• ZVM
    ZVM Member Posts: 21
    Jan & Donna_lee,

So glad you both resurfaced...you were both so kind to me when I posted on here as a newbie, I will never forget that. Jan, sending positive thoughts your way, that your health challenge will be overcome. Best wishes to everyone on this journey!

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    AnnissaP said:

Hey!! So sorry! I got a new

Hey!! So sorry! I got a new phone and it would never let me log in!! I tried and tried. I finally got in. Thank u for askin about me. My son and I are in Atlanta right now doing well. Other than me having some virus lol. I saw the oncologist on March 22 and he gave me the all clear! I finally felt like I could go on with my life. I haven't forgotten anyone and will try to stay on here as often as I can xoxo

Glad to hear!

Good to hear you and your son are good. I've enjoyed your videos! And congrats on the all clear. Here's to many more!

Todd

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Jan4you said:

Hey, Hey, Here I am! Thanks

Hey, Hey, Here I am! Thanks Fox and Iceman too for checking in. 

I have looked at posts, didn't think it was that long ago.

But I have other health issues. Seems to be dictating my day to day activities or lack thereof. 

Seems I cannot plan much at all. 

Sending you ALL my printed thoughts with HEALING HUGS and moments of KINDESS!

Mucho love

Jan

Jan!!!

Hope you feel better. Thanks for all your positive/encouraging posts over the months, uhh, years. :)

Todd

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Thank God!

The karma link was missing. I really don't like that feeling.

I love you guys. Please be well.

And that goes for everyone.

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    The vibe around this joint is

The vibe around this joint is much better now!

2 thumbs up from here. 

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Buddies

I am wondering about JerzyGrl too, though she did leave a message that she had some distractions.

People often go missing from these online forums, but on a cancer forum we can't help worrying.

I've been thinking about how we might reduce anxiety and my best idea is an informal buddy system.

We might optionally swap contact details with someone we're comfortable with.

I'm open to the idea if anyone wants to buddy up. Queenslanders preferred but foreigners considered.

Steve.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Oh Jan, you had me worried

Oh Jan, you had me worried after I've seen Fox's post. Somehow I was sure Anissa is OK, but I remember you've mentioned that you hae other health issues too. So I thought  it is health related - not connected to your history of cancer, but to other issues.

Dear Jan, please get well!

Steve is right, perhaps we could exchange more contact details?

• Rockspin
    Rockspin Member Posts: 77
    Glad you’re both ok. Thanks

Glad you’re both ok. Thanks for letting us know.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    Hi Jan and Anissa

What a nice tribute to a person's character that people notice when they are missing.

And so too for those that noticed.

• Kat23502
    Kat23502 Member Posts: 179 Member

Buddies

I am wondering about JerzyGrl too, though she did leave a message that she had some distractions.

People often go missing from these online forums, but on a cancer forum we can't help worrying.

I've been thinking about how we might reduce anxiety and my best idea is an informal buddy system.

We might optionally swap contact details with someone we're comfortable with.

I'm open to the idea if anyone wants to buddy up. Queenslanders preferred but foreigners considered.

Steve.

Love this idea. I’d love to

Love this idea. I’d love to connect with some regulars my email or other forms of social media such as Facebook or Instagram. I am pretty busy and check in but am often on my phone and I find this a bit harder to manage on a small device than some other forms or email. I do miss you all.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Glad to see everyone's posts

Glad to see everyone's posts and that all are safe. Mom is doing better after her heart attack. We lost our dad to a freak accident. He was lighting a cigarette on a windy day and caught fire. 7 weeks in hospital,  12 skingrafts later and died of sepsis. Was awful time. I am writing this to encourage others to live their lives, a cancer diagnoses is not always fatal and with the new drugs out, you can be treated as a chronic disease just like many other chronic diseases. 

For those newbies here. My mom was diagnosed stage 4 in 2012, at age 79. She has been on 200 mgs of votrient and homeopathic meds and has been ned for 5 years.  She always thought she would not see 6 months. But she outlived my healthy dad, my 51 year old sil, and a few others who passed for unexpected reasons. So, don't give too much  weight to a scary diagnosis, live each day with love, laughter and positive thoughts. Worry steals your joy! We never know what life brings so we have to bring things to life.  Hugs and love to all!! Hugs to you Foxy, keep rock n rolling.  Ange

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Kat23502 said:

Love this idea. I’d love to

Love this idea. I’d love to connect with some regulars my email or other forms of social media such as Facebook or Instagram. I am pretty busy and check in but am often on my phone and I find this a bit harder to manage on a small device than some other forms or email. I do miss you all.

I like this idea too. Maybe

I like this idea too. Maybe we could/should start a completely different thread where ppl can put up there FB & Instagram handles and names.

Or maybe have a ”check in” thread that people can bump to the top when they know they will be off the radar for a bit.

just brainstorming here....but thats something that I think would be great.

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member

I like this idea too. Maybe

I like this idea too. Maybe we could/should start a completely different thread where ppl can put up there FB & Instagram handles and names.

Or maybe have a ”check in” thread that people can bump to the top when they know they will be off the radar for a bit.

just brainstorming here....but thats something that I think would be great.

Go for it

Hi Boondock,

If you have some good ideas then go for it.

I was only thinking of swapping phone numbers, but of course any of us can do that any time. I will arrange that with someone suitable (ie: local).

Steve

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member

Go for it

Hi Boondock,

If you have some good ideas then go for it.

I was only thinking of swapping phone numbers, but of course any of us can do that any time. I will arrange that with someone suitable (ie: local).

Steve

How about setting up a closed

How about setting up a closed group in facebook?

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    todd121 said:

Glad to hear!

Good to hear you and your son are good. I've enjoyed your videos! And congrats on the all clear. Here's to many more!

Todd

Thank you!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Hey ya!! Posting our

Hey ya!! Posting our Instagram or FB names is a great idea to be able to keep in touch. Lets us into each others lives a little bit more. Hmmmm

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    Glad to hear from you Annissa and Jan

Get well soon Jan.