Nodules in lung

Kazenmax
Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member

So my CT SCAN in December showed 2 nodules in my left lung. Latest scan, 3 months later, shows they have grown by 25%.  One has spiculated borders which indicates cancer. Saw oncologist and he ordered PET scan next Thursday.  He said they are small... they might not be cancerous but most likely are... chemo and possibly surgery to remove if this is only site of cancer. 

It so happens that the next day I had a follow up with my original surgeon and he said if only spot is in lungs, then surgery is sufficient. Then closely watched for next year.

Either way, it's been a shock because I've been feeling good and really thought it was gone. It's been 2 years since first diagnosed.

So I'm looking for people who have had nodules removed and I found about that surgery. Also, adjuvant chemo. Of course, I like what the surgeon says!

I want so much to believe I can still beat this. 

K

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Please believe you can beat it

Believe!

I am sorry that you have added problems. I remember, when I found out the cancer had spread to my liver, I was feeling fantastic. The healthiest I'd been feeling for a logn time.  You just can't tell, because Cancer is the hidden beast. 

I will still pray for a clear PET, but if not, just a bit of surgery and be on your way. 

Remeber, you CAN beat this. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

I'm sorry can't help you but can understand your frustration in finding out that they have grown.  If they can cut them out, then that is the be solution.  Hoping that your new scan show some promising results.

Kim

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Get those suckers out of

Get those suckers out of there if you can. I wish mine could be removed. I'm not a candidate for it, though.

You never know with mets like that. I have four now and to this day they don't know that one of them is actually a met and not scar tissue. It got to a certain point and then kind of stopped on it's own and it doesn't respond to the chemo which the other ones do. It's the biggest one so hopefully it's not cancerous.

Jan

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    Sounds like you're close to beating it!

What kind of surgery will they perform to get the lung mets out?  It;s good they are in the same lobe so they can operate on them. Good luck on your surgery.

I had cryoablation on one in my left lung last September.  I had other small ones, (.5mm) but they said the chemo would take care of them.  Problem is I've only had one chemo treatment since then due to other problems requiring a chemo break.  The other tumors in my lungs that have grown since then, but now they are addressing the colon tumor and liver.  I need to have them work out a plan for my lung tumors too.  It would be so great to get all this cancer out of my body, and then do the mop up chemo I hear others get that puts them NED for years.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Thanks all!

I'm feeling positive. My original surgeon immediately called the top thoracic surgeon who is on the board at Johns Hopkins hospital. His office called yesterday and I already have an appt. I feel like I can get this done quickly and get on with my life.

Hoping we all get relief.

k

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Kazenmax said:

Thanks all!

I'm feeling positive. My original surgeon immediately called the top thoracic surgeon who is on the board at Johns Hopkins hospital. His office called yesterday and I already have an appt. I feel like I can get this done quickly and get on with my life.

Hoping we all get relief.

k

That would be amazing!

I am so your dr is so proactive! Good luck I think your positive attitude means you will beat it!