Is CBD without the THC content helpful...

Im hitting the point that Im not feeling hungry.. and thc causus trouble with my already bad anxiety issues, I don't feel its the pain meds because its just started & Im low dosing and have been for 3 1/2 months.. I feel the cancer is causing it or the anxiety.

Thanks for any help.. Greg

Comments

• Woodytele
    Woodytele Member Posts: 163
    Cbd

i live in MA, so medical marijuana is level here.  I have used both, the CBD oil supposedly has health benefits.  The THC found in marijuana can help pain, sleeplessness, and appetite.  Taking CBD oil didn’t give me the appetite (munchies) improvement, or help with immediate issues like pain.  If you smoke the right strain of marijuana, it can help in a lot of ways.  I smoke it every night to help me sleep.  If you get an Indica strain, it will chill you out big time. 

• greg98466
    greg98466 Member Posts: 21
    Woodytele said:

Cbd

i live in MA, so medical marijuana is level here.  I have used both, the CBD oil supposedly has health benefits.  The THC found in marijuana can help pain, sleeplessness, and appetite.  Taking CBD oil didn’t give me the appetite (munchies) improvement, or help with immediate issues like pain.  If you smoke the right strain of marijuana, it can help in a lot of ways.  I smoke it every night to help me sleep.  If you get an Indica strain, it will chill you out big time. 

CBD

Thanks Woodytele I will just get off my rear and try the CBD I have had anxiety trouble for over 30 years controled with Klonapin,, Thc has been a big problem and now the pain meds are causing big time trouble ( anxiety ) add in the cancer add In a wreck... the doctors are very conserned with me using Benzos because combining with the pain meds can kill,,, Im in a bit of a pickle for sure... Thank you

• Noneya
    Noneya Member Posts: 35
    Thc and Cbd

You might want to get a low level thc oil. I use a 1% thc level here in New Mexico with a higher Cbd of 9%. A good read on cannabis use is found at

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq

Due to Federal Laws research is limited in the proper dosage of cannabis, though several cannibinoids have been approved for use these are all synthetic. Word of mouth evidence is you need both for treatment (see rick simpson oil). Also studies show that CBD conteracts the THC high. The US government allows .3% thc in CBD OILs legally.

Talk to you dispensary people about what strains are in the area as there are now more geared toward higher cbd lower thc. Also there is a difference between Hemp oil and Cbd Oil because of the other Terpenes in Cannabis.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    I finally got my order of

I finally got my order of medicinal oils in the mail yesterday and tried it for the first time last night and again this morning. I have CBD with0.7% THC for the days and THC at 26% with Indica for night time. I just tried the night time one last night for the first time and I did find a difference as far as I didn't get up as often during the night but I had a hard time falling asleep, oddly enough. I felt like I had less pain as well. I took the daytime one about half an hour ago so no idea on that yet.

I'll give it a few days to decide if it's doing anything. The THC one tastes pretty bad but the CBD one isn't too bad at all. I really dislike the smell of pot so it does bother me. Both times I had a Mr Freezie after to get rid of the taste.

Jan 

• Noneya
    Try it on something

I use little mini muffins with a little butter to cut the taste. Also the little fat content helps the release last over a longer time for me. I,m glad to hear it is helping and yes it took a few days for me to get to sleep because of the anxiety of will it help.

• JanJan63
    Noneya said:

Try it on something

I use little mini muffins with a little butter to cut the taste. Also the little fat content helps the release last over a longer time for me. I,m glad to hear it is helping and yes it took a few days for me to get to sleep because of the anxiety of will it help.

Good idea Jim. I've noticed

Good idea Jim. I've noticed that my nausea is much less to gone. I still have it off and on but there were a few times that I didn't have it at all. That's a great feeling! Some pain is definitely reduced. My mouth sore feel like they healed overnight, I think they just have less pain so it seems like it.

So far, this stuff seems to be giving me a  bit better quality of life so I'll continue taking it, icky or not. I have to say that I think there's more of an effect from the THC than the CBD.

Jan

• greg98466
    Thanks !!!

Ive injoyed your replys, Im very happy Jan for the relief your getting,, Ive been doing CBD with a very low THC content.. So far Ive had some relief with the pain,, I will start dosing higher,, and report back.. Jan have you found any FAQ INFO with people hitting end stage,, Do I need to be talking immune boosters ect,, I had a hospice nurse tell me the cancer itself robs are nutrients..

Thanks All Greg

• JanJan63
    greg98466 said:

Thanks !!!

Ive injoyed your replys, Im very happy Jan for the relief your getting,, Ive been doing CBD with a very low THC content.. So far Ive had some relief with the pain,, I will start dosing higher,, and report back.. Jan have you found any FAQ INFO with people hitting end stage,, Do I need to be talking immune boosters ect,, I had a hospice nurse tell me the cancer itself robs are nutrients..

Thanks All Greg

Greg, I haven't found

Greg, I haven't found anything that says it's beneficial but I really haven't researched it. I'm sure someone else can address that. I'm glad if the CBD is helping you. Because I'm taking them separately I am able to see which one is more helpful and I'd have to say that the THC makes more of a noticable difference but my reduced nausea is all day so they're both helping with that. Unfortunately, I've started getting the munchies at night so I'm having to stop myself from giving in to that. At 10 pm last night I wanted nachos so badly. 

Jan

• Noneya
    Are you still with the oil

Just wondering if you are using the oil or changed to the synthetic?

• greg98466
    Noneya said:

Are you still with the oil

Just wondering if you are using the oil or changed to the synthetic?

re Are you still with the oil

No Im off the CBD thanks !!!! 

Im pasting a pm I got on another board,, ever heard of this stuff.

I just wanted to say I'm happy to see you still around and in the state of mind to get pissy too! Do you take any natural antioxidants daily to help reduce freeradicals and rebuild cellular growth? My wife works with essential oils and build heath from the inside, may take weeks to feel it, but im the healthiest ever. My wife has a type of auto immune syndrome and it affects her life and ability to eat certain foods and such, it has changed our life for the better. I would offer her help if you are interested in some natural oils. some have even more pain relief than cannabis even, and it has a CBD relative COPAHIBA and it is even stronger. just reach out if your interested