I'm doing a Natural approach instead of Radiation and Chemo... is anyone else doing this too?

I said NO to radiation and NO to Chemo and am doing a Natural approach... has anyone or is anyone doing this too?

I had a lumpectomy this past April and had three lymph nodes taken out. The lymph nodes were fine. The cancerous lump was around 1" in size and was a triple positive. After a bunch of research and a divine encounter I said NO to radiation and NO to chemo. The doctors wanted me to do chemo for 12 rounds. I started seeing a Naturopath and a Nutrionist. The Naturopath told me that every woman she was treating was deficient in Vitamin D and for me to get that level checked. Turns out I too was Vit D deficient. A lack of Vit D has been linked to cancer including increasing the risk of aggressive cancers. Being deficient in Iodine and Vit E is also linked to breast cancers. In addition to checking my vitamins and minerals I started to eat a more vegetable diet and stayed away from foods that would contribute to the positive proteins.

Is anyone else out there doing a natural/alternative approach instead of radiation and chemo???? I would love to have someone else to talk with. I feel great and have set my body up to NOT be a good environment for cancer. 

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Cindy

Wow that is good news, I was not so lucky or I was just ignorant of natural cancer treatments when I had NPC back in 2002. It came back in 2004 and I had treated it again with no luck because it came back again in 2006 and I was told by my doctor I would only live 6 to 12 months. He wanted me to do more Chemo but I said no, no more treatment and did a natural herbal treatment in 2006 and I am here today 10 years later. Read my story on my all about me page.

Glad to have you with us   

Tim Hondo

• xcancer
    xcancer Member Posts: 11
    Vitamin D And going Natural

Everyone must make there own decision. But What ever that decision is, research and make sure it makes sense. I would't just do it because it feels right. That surely is the easiest thing to do but might not be the best. For instance, Vitamin D has a very weak effect on cancer. For general health Vitamin D would be very important. It might even help with recurrance but it is to early to tell with data so far. But for active cancer or as a treatment, it just isnt strong enough. So figure out what is going to keep your cancer in check. If your naturopath tells you it's this, that, and the other thing. Find research that supports it. Otherwise your putting your life blindly in someone else's hand. I have personally seen something similar go bad and just wanted to give you another side of the picture. 

And just to give you more info on Vitamin D so you can make your own judgment. Here You go.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9598513

http://www.cancermind.com/vitamin-d-cancer-connection/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26408324

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26408720

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26404953

Hope that helps 

• Hondo
    Vitamin D

Living in a tropical garden for 3 months a year should store up a lot of Vitamin D or I sure hope it does. I try my best to make sure I can get all the Vitamin C I can with fresh fruit and then sit back in the sun shine and soke up some on Vitamin D. The way I see it, it can’t hurt anything.

Tim

• thomas.m
    thomas.m Member Posts: 3 Member
    Waiting for more of you

Any way, please keep posiitive and f you have any news, please let us know, I do kits research and hope there is somrthing I can do. 

• Hondo
    edited July 2016 #6
    Awod

You are very correct, is been 10 years now and I still see my ENT every 3 to 6 months. It is not some much a recurring cancer she is worried about as it is radiation damage that seems to keep getting worse.

Welcome to CSN hope you stay

Tim

• Aanchal Kanodia
    Aanchal Kanodia Member Posts: 20
    Hondo said:

Awod

You are very correct, is been 10 years now and I still see my ENT every 3 to 6 months. It is not some much a recurring cancer she is worried about as it is radiation damage that seems to keep getting worse.

Welcome to CSN hope you stay

Tim

Hi Hondo,

Hi Hondo,

If you are still actve here can you please tell me what course of medical treatment are you undergoing?

• hershykel
    hershykel Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2020 #8
    Trying natural and chemo

How did it go Cindy?  

• BSchil
    BSchil Member Posts: 1 *

Hi Cindy! Wondering where you are in your journey. My partner was recently diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and scheduled for bilateral mastectomy in two weeks! I am very much a fan of a more natural approach to healing through nutrition, etc. etc... so wondering how you are doing all these years after your initial post.