2 Weeks since the surgery

Hi all,  It has now been two weeks since my discharge from the hospital.  I am doing great, the nausea has finally abated (mostly) and everything appears to be working.   I have not taken any pain meds for about 4 days and that has helped alot!  Now, I just need to be careful not to overdo.  Thank you all for your words of wisdom and it has helped so much to know that you have all been there and done that.  We are not alone!

Cindy

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    So glad to hear you're doing

So glad to hear you're doing well. Just keep walking a lot and drinking water. Super good that you no longer need pain meds. About 2 weeks was it for me too except for the occasional Tylenol. All the best and yes, don't overdo it. There's a tendency to think we're all healed but the inside takes longer.

• Cinnamongirl
    Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member
    Good for you

So glad to hear you are doing well.  Please be kind to yourself and don t try an rush things! Best wishes to you.

Cin

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    Good news!

Please walk walk as you are able and drink lots! 

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Hi Cindy

Ditto to everything APny said, particularly water, walking, and DO NOT overdo it.

Rooting for you and continued progress and recovery - Take care

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80
    great news!!

Yes...don't overdo. Take it from me as week three I thought I was Superman and was doing light elliptical and even swinging a golf club. It honestly didn't hurt and I was so salivating to get back to activity....but it hurts a little now (he types with heating pad on side:)))))  Also didn't take pain meds after three days so that is a good thing I think. Sounds like you are doing wonderfully 

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Cool Beans

Hi Cindy,

I'm happy to see that you're doing OK.

How are your energy levels? Are you tired?

Steve.

• Cool Beans

Hi Cindy,

I'm happy to see that you're doing OK.

How are your energy levels? Are you tired?

Steve.

Yes, I do tire easily.  I am

Yes, I do tire easily.  I am really trying to listen to my body.

Cindy

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Cindy

no running with the dogs yet

glad To hear the worst is over

only upwards now

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Glad Everything is Good...

...you're on the other side now.  Continue to rest up and get stronger  I'm almost six weeks out and I still can get tired pretty easily, so listen to your body and take care.

Best Wishes,

Jim

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Cindy! Glad to hear you're

Hi Cindy! Glad to hear you're doing so well. I had my surgery 5 days before yours. It was a long, hard surgery and I'm into week 4 now. Still struggling a bit but much better than before. Hang in there and do like everyone has suggested. What a great group!! All the best.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Great news Cindy

And yes, pay attention to your body.  If you're tired, rest.  Don't push too hard right now.  Although things may appear healed externally, internal healing takes much longer.

Donna~