From slow growth to rapid growth
In 2013, had my biopsy results sent to John Hopkins. Results are below:
1) Prostatic Adenocarcinoma, Gleason Score 3+3=6 involving 30% of one core.
2) Prostatic Adenocarcinoma, Gleason Score 3+3=6 involving 90% of one core.
3-6) Benign Prostatic Tissue
Dec. 2015 MRI - Prostate 83cc. Seminal vesicles and neurovascular bundles normal in signal
July 2017 PSA 7.91
August 2017 - MRI and Biopsy - Prostate 109ml. Results from John Hopkins below:
1-3; 5-7 and 11-14 Benign Prostate Tissue
4. Prostatic Adencarcinoma , Gleason 3+3 Grade Group 1 involving 70% of (1) Core
Perineural invasion identified in this case.
8. Prostatic Adencarcinoma Gleason score 3+3 Group 1 invoving 10% of speciment.
10. Prostacic Adencarcinoma Gleason 3+3 Group 1 invoving 100% of (1) core
Clinical Stage T1c
PSA 6.7 ng/mL
October 2017 - Blood Test - Oncotype DX - Genomic Prostate Score . My GPS Score was 21=low risk
Prostate Cancer death within 10 years <1%.
I have shared all this to say that in December my PSA jumped to 12.22. My urologist put me on two drugs: Finasteride to shrink prostate and Bicalutamide to get rid of testosterone and slow down growth of cancer.
All my tests through October 2017 led me to believe I had slow growing cancer and have been on active surveillance. Have any of you experienced your cancer changing gears and moving into a rapid growth mode?
- 118.4K All Discussion Boards
- 5 CSN Information
- 5 Welcome to CSN
- 118.4K Cancer specific
- 2.7K Anal Cancer
- 415 Bladder Cancer
- 296 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28K Breast Cancer
- 372 Childhood Cancers
- 27.5K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.5K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.5K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.1K Kidney Cancer
- 637 Leukemia
- 759 Liver Cancer
- 4K Lung Cancer
- 4.9K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 211 Multiple Myeloma
- 7K Ovarian Cancer
- 28 Pancreatic Cancer
- 475 Peritoneal Cancer
- 4.9K Prostate Cancer
- 1.1K Rare and Other Cancers
- 515 Sarcoma
- 687 Skin Cancer
- 630 Stomach Cancer
- 188 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.5K Uterine Cancer
- 6.2K Other Discussion Boards