Once upon a time.....

foxhd
foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

Seven years to the day, I woke up to be told, "Congratulations Mr Fox. We got it all!" Only to be told a few weeks later that I probably won't make it through the summer.

But here I am.

Please everyone, get second opinions. 4 cancer centers told me that they could not help me. The 5th saved my life.

Good luck happens to those who prepare to take advantage of opportunities. Sometimes finding opportunities is difficult, just don't quit looking.

I will not last forever.  But I am here today, and will be here tomorrow.

Comments

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    Once upon a time...

I found a wonderful teacher and friend in this network/forum/pages.  Thank you for so much foxy!  Keep on keeping on and wishing us to fly and telling us "fox loves you".  We love you too!!!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member

I respect you more than you will ever know. You have your own battle yet continue to reach out and help others. I too pushed for a 2nd opinion when the 1st doctor said she didn't believe that what I had was a tumor. It saved me as well. I am glad you are here today my friend. I hope to continue to see and read your posts for many, many, countless days to come. Much love.

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    Second opinions

Fox:

your post should be front and center to any newly-diagnosed patient; you have undergone a lot of treatments but here you are, 7 years out and helping all of us.

Thank you 

Sarah

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited March 2018 #5
    I've been thinking of you

I've been thinking of you Foxy and here you are! You're one of the best for advice, support and advocacy. I admire and like you more than words could say.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    You da man!

Thanks for being here!

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    Once upon a time....also

You had hair and were good looking, too.  But we'll take you as you are today, an inspiration, a mentor, a friend, and most of all a SURVIVOR.

Thanks for being here.

Luv and Hugs,

Donna  (the other one)

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Glad You're Here!

Reading your posts definitely made my journey easier!  Thank you!

• Cinnamongirl
    Cinnamongirl Member Posts: 199 Member
    Warrior

Your post keep me going when I am struggling. Thank you Fox for being a warrior and showing us all a perfect example of how to persevere!

Cin

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Wow

seven years.. still proving everyone wrong

Cant begin to understand your great strength in mind and body and your continued goodness in being a beacon to us trembling newbies

it is truly awe Inspiring and and educational 

You should really write your book..The kIck **** way to...........

Every day I wish you my best .. I know this is not the life you dreamt of living but you mean so much to all of us here so there must be a mad scheme somewhere  

I know I could never meet your strength but your teaching means so much that I will sure try when I see myself feeling sorry for myself and the mind is going crazy}

Heres to the next seven with lots of Irish luck added

Annie

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    What a guy....In just my

What a guy....In just my short time reading and posting on this board Fox, you have been a lighthouse for many sailing in dark waters. A simple "Thanks" will never be enough, but from Pam and I.......we wish you many more years of good Karma my friend.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    You've been on my mind

Good to hear from you, you're always such an inspiration to all of us.

Thank you!

Donna~

• Mighty Frog
    Mighty Frog Member Posts: 152 Member
    Keep it Up! Man!

Keep it up! Man! You are Our inspirator!!!! 

• foxhd
    within 24 hours

of being told they could not help me, my sister died. She only had one kidney. She was on dialysis.

So we inherited her cat. And wouldn't you know it. We had to put her down yesterday. Renal failure. Sheesh. But she was also diabetic and deaf. She was a very sweet girl. Gonna miss her.

FLY kitty

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    So sorry about your sister

So sorry about your sister and it was so nice of you to take in her kitty. I'm sure she had a wonderful, loving life with you. The worst thing about having a pet is having to part from them. But it was the final kind act you could have done for her.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    That was a tough time

life is really precious.. I am sure  your sister fought as  hard as her bro

renal problems really run in your family... even the cat had it.. Don’t tell the dog for Gods sake

Annie

• foxhd
    edited March 2018 #17
    You should see

our TV cabinet. It's full of little boxes. There is Johnny, Maggie, Henry, Roxanne, Mick, Missey, Spencer, Maxwell, and of course Raymond. That's my wife's father. Lana will fit in there nicely. I want to be closer to the window. It shouldn't be a problem.

• steelr66
    steelr66 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2018 #18
    You are an

amazing source of inspiration!

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Fox

You have a great sense of humor!!!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Wait!

Fox, are those little boxes of pets or human types?  haha  None had pet names, just need a clarification.

But in all seriousness, I'm so, so sorry for your loss.  I swear I have grieved more over some pets than I have over family members.  There's an unconditional love there that doesn't compare.

Hugs to you,

Donna~