Moderate surgery risk

Arknut
Arknut Member Posts: 5

I was just diagnosed less than 2 weeks ago with a 3.2x2.8 cm mass in my left kidney. I am scheduled for surgery 3/22/18. I am diabetic (type2) and have high blood pressure, and mitral valve regurg. My mass was found incidentally during an ultrasound to see why my blood pressure kept going up despite multiple meds. I was trying to get clearance for cataract surgery and my bp was too high, so I was sent for the ultrasound. I am beyond terrified that I will not make it through surgery. I was just told by the cardiologist this morning that I am at moderate risk for an MI during surgery due to the results of the stress test I had on Friday. I have been reading posts on here for a few days and have felt more at ease about post surgery pain, but now I am scared all over again. Did anyone else on here get labeled moderate risk? I am desperately needing to hear positive outcomes. Thank you!

Comments

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Try Not To Worry

You will be monitored closely and everything will be fine.  As an aside, my blood pressure ran high for years.  My urologist said during my surgery as soon as he clipped off my kidney (I had a radical on my left kidney) my BP dropped to normal ranges.  It's been like that ever since.  I've been completely off of BP meds and it's been running fine.  I'm just trying to be smart with sodium intake and watch things...but so far, so good.  Fingers crossed that the same may happen for you!

• Arknut
    Arknut Member Posts: 5
    Tapman63 said:

Try Not To Worry

You will be monitored closely and everything will be fine.  As an aside, my blood pressure ran high for years.  My urologist said during my surgery as soon as he clipped off my kidney (I had a radical on my left kidney) my BP dropped to normal ranges.  It's been like that ever since.  I've been completely off of BP meds and it's been running fine.  I'm just trying to be smart with sodium intake and watch things...but so far, so good.  Fingers crossed that the same may happen for you!

Thank you for the reply! I

Thank you for the reply! I certainly hope everything goes as well for me. It would be fantastic to not take bp meds again.