Feeling Uneasy

EK75
EK75 Member Posts: 6

Had partial right neph Sept 2016. Clear cell 3.5cm, stage 1A grade 2. Going for my review CT 12 Mar.

After 1.5 years follow up I still got this worry. Is this normal feeling this way?

Comments

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    edited March 2018 #2
    Twins

Pretty much my exact diagnosis - I had a radical about three weeks ago.  From what I've read and put together we're in about as good a place as we can be - so try to relax and just enjoy life.   And remind me of this when I"m going in for my follow up scans and I'm scared as hell!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    My partial neph was four

My partial neph was four years ago this coming St. Patrick's day. Also around the size of yours and same stage. I still get nervous and scared at scan times. Personally, I think it's perfectly normal. Hoping for good CT results for you. All the best on the 12th.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    The hard part is over

EK75,

You made it thru the diagnosis, the surrgwery, the recovery a years worth of scans and everything that goes with it. There is only a little bitty chance that something will show in a later scan, and if it does they will catch it in the bud. I know its easy for me to say but I am a pro after 15 plus years of this. After year 5 it was mostly Ultrasounds and prostate exams which you may be able to skip.

icemantoo

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2018 #5
    I’m only 4 months out but I

I’m only 4 months out but I hope it get better with more time.

• larymor
    larymor Member Posts: 5
    Radical on RT kidney on 3/14/2018

10CM mass on RT kidney. Getting a radical on 3/14/18. Scared!! I am 63 yrs. My photo was when I was in mid 40's....

• Max57
    Max57 Member Posts: 177 Member
    Ek75

On April 14 i will complete 3 years post surgery...still worry a lot when I go to my test ....having cancer is scary ......its going to take time until we go back to normal life 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    I to am scared but soon It

I to am scared but soon It will be over with. I have to wait until the 20th. Good luck to you.

• larymor
    Thank you all

The closer it gets the more I fear

• larymor

I to am scared but soon It will be over with. I have to wait until the 20th. Good luck to you.

Canadian Sandy

The best to you also. We are not alone.

• EK75
    Thanks

Thanks everyone. Praying for the best. Yes, the nearer it gets the more worried. 

• Jackaroe
    Jackaroe Member Posts: 23
    I'm five years post radical

I'm five years post radical nephrectomy for stage II tumour. Unfortunately, I have not found my scan anxiety to reduce at all. It sucks every time. I did find a radiology center that would post my test results on MyChart, so I could read the report before the visit with the oncologist which, for me, helped a lot.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited March 2018 #13
    checking in with my 2 cents worth

I'll agree with Jackaroe, sucks every time.  I'm having my follow-up scans done this week (the 14th), doctor appt on the 17th and it's always nerve wracking.  It's 5-1/2 years since my surgery.  I think it's pretty normal to be anxious.  I think it's due to the fact that's how all of our diagnosis' were made, so that alone makes it scary, the what if's and could it be's.

Best of luck,

Donna~

• larymor
    edited March 2018 #14
    In hospital now!

Had a full nephroctomy today at 9.30 am. I was told by my surgeon the kidney and mass was as big as a football and weighed 10 lbs. Said we removed just in the nick of time. I was scared but decided either this or death in 6 or 7 months. I feel fine right now other than the incision pain and hurts bad to cough. They are talking of releasing me tomorrow, but my nurse figures either Friday or Saturday. I am glad I did it. Do not fear and have it done. I hope I am passing on hope and Faith to others who are on the fence and full of fear. God will be with you so don't fear. Trust in God to guide the surgeons hands and put yourself in his care as I did. Peace to all who are fearing this and God be with you in Jesus mighty name! AMEN!!

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Sure it's normal, but you'll

Sure it's normal, but you'll be less worried after many more NED reports that you get

Waiting for good news

Forough

• Ree_Maryland
    Ree_Maryland Member Posts: 161 Member

Scared here too. It will be 4

Scared here too. It will be 4 years April ,going for scans this week and recheck March 30 th, Im in my 4th year. Hope for the best for all who is here .

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    From all the experiences I

From all the experiences I have read, yes, it is normal. I think because we all had the initial shock when told "we found something" we are hypersensitive now. I JUST had my first follow up scans and see the oncologist next week. TBH, I was not and am not nervous. I guess after that first bout with cancer I have come to almost "expect" it again and am ready and on guard. However, I don't think about it every day and just live my life. Enjoy yours!!

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    Yes it is normal, it gets a little better with time

I get very anxious, Im lucky to have the results a half hour after the scan so I don't have that part of the wait but still.  I think its very normal to feel anxious to some extent.   Wishing you all is well 

• EK75

Scan completed. Doctor review in 2 weeks time. Could not wait so got my own report few hours later.

thank god is NED. Thank everyone for the encouragement. Now wait for doc review and next 6 mths scan. Every 6 months scanxiety. Hope to go for 1 year scan soon.

• EK75
    Seen my Urologist

Seen my urologist today on my CT report. Schedule 1 year scan from now instead of 6 months. Requested for 6 months scan but was told it was not neccessary. Not sure should I be paranoid but was told of 1mm positive margin during surgery that might be burn off during the cut. Was told that mine is not aggressive grade and from CT report the surgical site is recovering. Should I continue with 6 months CT? Should I be duly worried on the 1mm margin?