Pathology. FINALLY!

Tapman63
Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member

After a two week wait the pathology finally came back and it seems to be good news!

Carcinoma with negative margins present in a background of multiple cortical cysts

Tumor size: 3.4 cm (smaller than we thought)

Tumor Focality: Single Focus

Histologic Grade: 2

Tumor Exension:  Tumor limited to kidney

Margins:  All margins of resection are negative for renal cell carcinoma

Tumor Stage: pT1a Nx  (can someone explain this one, please?)

There has been a HUGE sigh of relief from this guy......

Comments

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    That does sound like

That does sound like excellent news. Your case is very similar to my wife's.

The way I understand it is the X means that there were no lymph nodes that looked suspicious so there were none taken for sample and sent to patholog. Which.......the way I see it, more good news!!

Well wishes to you.

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    Great News

I'm sure you were anxiously awaiting the results.

For a full definition, do a search for "Kidney Tumor Staging".  It gives the TNM and # definitions.

FYI mine was: T2 (and since the DX, it would be T2b, N1, M1.)  The Tumor was over 7 cm, it had infiltrated Nodes, and that also means it had Metastasized to one or more places-as in nodes and liver.  And then it recurred in single nodes; which just means the nodes had probably not grown to any size that was recognizable on either the CT or by examination.

Take care of yourself. and Hugs,

donna_lee

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Tapman

Sounds great news... other than getting a grade one  your report could not have been much better

hope you are feeling better and pain is getting  less every day.l Early days yet  so take your time for a while yet

Annie

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Awesome news!

Steady as she goes.  What a relief.

Donna~

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Life is good

Life is good Tman!

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    foxhd said:

Life is good

Life is good Tman!

Yes...

Yes it is, Fox.  I do personally want to thank you for your contributions to the  board.  Your straight-shooting, non b/s approach on your different posts was one of the big comforts to me post diagnosis/pre op.

• CarlosRosado
    CarlosRosado Member Posts: 88 Member
    your report is similar to

your report is similar to mine...

hope you are having a good recovery.