Tomorrow is the Day

Tapman63
Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member

Surgery tomorrow at noon - a radical neph via laproscopy. Anxeity level right now is an easy 9.5 out of 10.  Thanks to everyone here that has shared their stories because reading them has definitely made waiting for this a bit easier.   I'm going to be so glad when i wake  up tomorrow afternoon and the waiting is behind me....like Tom Petty said, waiting is definitely the hardest part!  Hope to be back with you all in a few days.

Comments

• Trucker1
    Trucker1 Member Posts: 82
    Good Luck

It will be over in no time!! Rest, walk, water, poop, eat---repeat!!! Your mind makes it scarier than it really is...You do fine. . We will be praying for you. .

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    May

Tapman,

--you have an uneventful and boring surgery.

Icemantoo

• Hoss79
    Hoss79 Member Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2018 #4
    Prayers for a smooth and
    Prayers for a smooth and quick recovery!
  • Scottie22
    Scottie22 Member Posts: 99 Member
    Waiting

Waiting as you say is the hardest part,  Just think by this time tomorrow you will be free falling towards recovery.  All the best!

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    You got it

You've prepped as best you can. Trust the medical pros, you'll be in good hands. Petty also said " you can stand me up at the gates of he'll.. but I won't back down". You got this. Have a good procedure, rest easy, positive thoughts to you and your loved ones.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    edited February 2018 #7
    Wishing

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    Prayes for your a sucessful

Prayes for your a sucessful surgery and speedy recovery.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2018 #10
    You go in soon!! I wish you

You go in soon!! I wish you all the best. What a relief once it is over. Soon you will start the healing process. Be kind to yourself and take it easy.

• Cybball
    Cybball Member Posts: 111
    Good luck today.  You will do

Good luck today.  You will do great.  Take recovery slow and let us know how it goes.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited February 2018 #12
    All the best

All the best. Walk, even though you won't feel like it at first. Let them get you out of bed and walk. The gas that is the surgeon's friend during the procedure is NOT our friend post-op. Work that stuff out, it helps the pain, and the walking helps you get your energy back.

Oh, and enjoy the hospital jello.

• CarlosRosado
    CarlosRosado Member Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2018 #13
    Walk walk walkbest

yeah... you have to walk as much as you can

I had my surgery monday feb 12 and by feb 14 I walkwd almost 2 miles (inside hospital and around the floor)

you feel better after you start walking .  Its a slow process, believe me, but nothing its going to help you more than walk( plus some pain pills)