Read the PET results online

Dean54
Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member

Mostly sounds good as far as the neck cancer if I am reading it right but have a few other concerns until I see the doctor next week.

"There is dependent airspace disease in the lungs consistent with dependent atelectasis."

This sounds like it may or may not be a problem according to Dr Google.

"On the PET data set there is physiologic supratentorial activity

noted within the oral cavity."  

Not sure what to make of this.

" There is an area of activity noted within the ascending colon best appreciated on image 172. This has a

maximum SUV of 3.3. Further evaluation with colonoscopy may be of

value if the patient has not recently undergone such procedure." 

I'm sure this means a polyp whether benign or maglignant.

Comments

• Curlyn
    Curlyn Member Posts: 189
    I was told physiologic

I was told physiologic activity means 'within normal limits', and could supratentorium be the area where that activity/uptake shows up? Not sure about the colon but when my elderly mother was sick, we were told that lots of things (typically) tend to show up in the colon so best to visualize if possible (colonoscopy?). As for the lung, I once sat in on a workshop for COPD and learned that it often shows up in young people who have no idea they have ( and when puffers can control its progression). Could it also be asthma? Really just guessing, Dean, but PET scans show up all kinds of things and they haven't really said anything definitive from what I can see. I put my PET scan in an envelope until I saw the doc because it drove me crazy.

• Dean54
    Thanks Curlyn and I should

Thanks Curlyn and I should know more on Wed. when I see the doctor and also find out if this swelling under my chin is a lymphedema. I just hope it is good enough news to get this tube out and maybe get back to the gym like you. I'm tired of working out at home.

• Curlyn
    Curlyn Member Posts: 189
    Dean54 said:

Thanks Curlyn and I should

Thanks Curlyn and I should know more on Wed. when I see the doctor and also find out if this swelling under my chin is a lymphedema. I just hope it is good enough news to get this tube out and maybe get back to the gym like you. I'm tired of working out at home.

Sometimes I still work out at

Sometimes I still work out at home. Some days are still hard.The main thing is to do it. When I went to the lymphedema therapist she showed me a quicker way to do a massage. When you are ready, you can message me here and I can explain it to you, it's simple. Let us know how you do. 

• Dean54
    Thanks again Curlyn and will

Thanks again Curlyn and will do on what I find out and will be curious on how the massage thing works.