Unused Tube food

I have 4 unopened cases of ISO source containers for tube feeding, anyone know what to do with them? Company will not take them back. Looking for a place to donate.

Comments

• Peneloppe
    Peneloppe Member Posts: 28
    hi, we gave our leftovers to

hi, we gave our leftovers to the hospital, this way the nutritionist can pass itto people in need

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2018 #3
    I had a case of unopened

I had a case of unopened Boost VHC that I donated to the cancer center I received treatment at. The nutritionist accepted it and seemed very happy to get it.

• MikefromWinthrop
    MikefromWinthrop Member Posts: 31
    OKCnative said:

I had a case of unopened

I had a case of unopened Boost VHC that I donated to the cancer center I received treatment at. The nutritionist accepted it and seemed very happy to get it.

food

as I would have thought, mine doesn't want it, must be hospital protocal.

• Peneloppe
    Peneloppe Member Posts: 28
    Maybe an hospuce would take

Maybe an hospuce would take it

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,034 Member
    edited February 2018 #6
    Veterans Nursing Home

Mike, 

I drove over to the local Veterans Nursing Home and asked them if they would take it. They were happy to receive the few cases I had of Neutrin 1.5, just a suggestion. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234
    when we were in need,

we were getting it from the radioligist nutritionist and the oncology office.  Worth mentioning again: when dependent on feeding tube, insurance should cover it under durable equipment.  Took me FOUR years to convince our insurance company.

• yensid683
    yensid683 Member Posts: 349
    Try Gildas Club

I had left over food, glutamine and syringes, I reached out to the local Gildas Club and they were very happy to get it