6 Years NED - Jan 31, 2018

marbleotis
marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member

I am once again so happy and greatful to reach my 6th year NED.  I was a stage 3b signet cell.

Now I get another year of NED. Yippie

I remember how this forum helped me out so much as I went through the surgery/chemo/side effects/recovery/what's next time.  

I have noticed alot of new people joining (again sorry you are here) but you came to the right place for info and help or just venting.

My best to you all at what ever stage you are in.  Keep moving forward.

Comments

• SophDan2
    SophDan2 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Congrats on the 6th year NED.

I am just beginning the journey of recovery. Hopefully I will be you 6 years from now.

I HAD stage 3C colon cancer, went through surgery, Folfox 5FU chemo for 6 months, which ended on Nov. 8th 2017. Yesterday, I met with my oncologist to go over my blood work; I am happy to say that all of my markers and CEA were in line with being clean. I will have a CT Scan on Feb. 23rd, which is a better test to see if I am truly clean or not. I will take "your clean" (for now anyway) and move ahead with rebuilding both my mental and physical strength.

Thanks for coming back to offer your support!

Barry

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    SIX YEARS - yes, I am shouting. Shouting with joy

Happy Dancing man time. 

Tru

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Thank you for sharing that!

Thank you for sharing that! It's so encouraging for people who are newly diagnosed as well as those of us who are several years in. So happy for you!!!

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome

So glad to see your post and congratulations on a great report and letting us all know how you are doing.  I'm hoping that you are getting on with life and enjoying every moment.  Once again, glad to see you again.  May your future be bright and healthy.

Kim

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Congratulations

May you have many more years free from cancer, best wishes , Ron.

• ThomasH
    ThomasH Member Posts: 106 Member

I always like hearing survivor stories. May you have many many more years to add!

• Volrecruiter
    Volrecruiter Member Posts: 22
    Congratulations

Great to hear the words cancer free! Ed

• Makord
    Makord Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2018 #9
    So great news! May you have

So great news! May you have many many NED years ahead!

• marbleotis
    SophDan2 said:

Congrats on the 6th year NED.

I am just beginning the journey of recovery. Hopefully I will be you 6 years from now.

I HAD stage 3C colon cancer, went through surgery, Folfox 5FU chemo for 6 months, which ended on Nov. 8th 2017. Yesterday, I met with my oncologist to go over my blood work; I am happy to say that all of my markers and CEA were in line with being clean. I will have a CT Scan on Feb. 23rd, which is a better test to see if I am truly clean or not. I will take "your clean" (for now anyway) and move ahead with rebuilding both my mental and physical strength.

Thanks for coming back to offer your support!

Barry

Hi

Hi Barry,

Glad to hear you are through the surgery and chemo parts.  That's great.  I had scans /bloodwork every three months then every six months, now next colonoscopy is in 3 years.  As a survivor you move to survillance - which is ok by me.

Please give yourself time to work on the mental and physical healing.  I learned that no one knows what a horrible ride this can be unless you have actually gone through it (kind of sad but true).  You will have a "new normal" and you will love it.  Please post to keep us updated.

• marbleotis
    Trubrit said:

SIX YEARS - yes, I am shouting. Shouting with joy

Happy Dancing man time. 

Tru

Hi Tru

Love that crazy dancing guy!