Small bowel obstruction

Options

Hey everyone. My mom has stage 4 colon cancer with mets to liver, lungs, peritoneum. For the past few days she has been having intermittent vomiting and diarrhea. CT scan showed obstruction in ileum due to mets in omentum. Has anyone had small bowel obstruction? They are treating it conservatively now but there's a high chance it won't resolve. She can't undergo surgery due to too much spread. What are we gona do?? :( :(

Comments

• Bellen
    Bellen Member Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2018 #2
    Options
    Bowel obstruction -

Hello - I suffer partial bowel obstructions due to a scarred, narrowing in my small intestine.  I follow a low residue diet - foods that digest and pass through easily.  There are websites online that give info on this type of diet - foods that help to reduce the chances of having an obstruction and those foods that you should avoid to help prevent one - partial obstruction is extremely painful spasms that can go on for hrs. - an awful time. Wishing your Mom well - I also have supplements, like Ensure and Enlive.

• Saraaaa
    Saraaaa Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Bellen said:

Bowel obstruction -

Hello - I suffer partial bowel obstructions due to a scarred, narrowing in my small intestine.  I follow a low residue diet - foods that digest and pass through easily.  There are websites online that give info on this type of diet - foods that help to reduce the chances of having an obstruction and those foods that you should avoid to help prevent one - partial obstruction is extremely painful spasms that can go on for hrs. - an awful time. Wishing your Mom well - I also have supplements, like Ensure and Enlive.

Thank you!  She's currently

Thank you!  She's currently npo cuz she vomits when she eats. I hope it resolves