Craving??

AnnissaP
AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member

This is getting ridiculous now lol!! I have had the strongest craving for chocolate for around 4 days now. I have eaten it yet the craving will not go away. It is not a typical sugar craving like I want anything (cookies, icecream). It is specifically chocolate. I have craved veggies too and eat those every day. Just wondering if anyone has happened upon this after surgery (2 mths out). Not specifically chocolate, but any strange cravings??????

Comments

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Pregnancy Test?

LOL. Just wondering...

Todd

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited January 2018 #3
    Chocolate is supposed to be good for you.

There was some study that showed that people who ate a little chocolate every day live longer.

So... Maybe it's a healthy craving.

I had no special craving, just my normal carb addiction. But the chocolate shelves in the supermarket are the hard ones to walk past.

Steve.

• stevez
    stevez Member Posts: 51
    Ice Cream!

When I got home from the hospital I craved ice cream and chocolate.  Preferably chocolate ice cream,  but any chocolate would do.  I ate ice cream for every night two weeks straight.  Still want sweets, but the craving is subsiding with abstinence!  

• AnnissaP
    edited January 2018 #5
    todd121 said:

Pregnancy Test?

LOL. Just wondering...

Todd

Ahahahahaha nooooo way lol

Ahahahahaha nooooo way lol

• AnnissaP
    Straight away mine was

Straight away mine was veggies, but this chocolate one has me on edge. I am at the point I will steal it from a child. Just kidding!!!!!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited January 2018 #7
    I'm not remembering cravings

but foods that I loved have lost appeal. We used to make a bike run for huge Ruebins at a brew pub. It was a yearly pilgrimage. Now it disgusts me. Enjoy that binge! Glad to see the mmj working. lol

• Krissyd73
    Krissyd73 Member Posts: 9
    foxhd said:

I'm not remembering cravings

but foods that I loved have lost appeal. We used to make a bike run for huge Ruebins at a brew pub. It was a yearly pilgrimage. Now it disgusts me. Enjoy that binge! Glad to see the mmj working. lol

Same thing here! I used to

Tongue Out

Same thing here! I used to like ground beef... now spaghetti, hamburgers, tacos.....BLAH

• sasha_jax4
    sasha_jax4 Member Posts: 43
    Haha jello

when i got home from the hospital all I wanted was raspberry jello Sugar free. Lately red meat, usually I don’t eat it. I think it’s because I’m bordering anemic, my body is asking for it. Maybe your body needs the happiness stuff in chocolate or antioxidants in dark chocolate.

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    edited January 2018 #10
    For me it was chocolate chip cookies

And it didn't hurt that three different people sent them to me after my nephrectomy! One of the many reasons I gained 20 pounds sitting on my rear end recovering!

• klj15
    klj15 Member Posts: 38
    I was literally addicted to

I was literally addicted to strawberries after my surgery. I’d eat a pound a day. 

• stevez
    stevez Member Posts: 51
    Interesting

This thread had me thinking about how my desires for eating have changed.  I was a red meat lover to the "nth" degree for many years.  Loved grilling, smoking meats, steaks, etc.  I've seemed to have lost my desire for red meat.  Not saying that's a bad thing, but meats in general don't drive me like they did for some reason.  Eating more fish, chicken, all of which is good I would think.  Now that I've pushed the sweets aside, i'm eating more fruit too, even the not so great winter fruit.  Going to be doing a lot more research on the ketogenic diets and other low carb.  Need to lose this 10 or so pounds!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    I do remember

Votrient se's were difficult for me. I lost much of my sense of taste. Nothing tasted good. Spicey food had some flavor so I decided I wanted a big garlicy, vinegary, dill pickle. It smelled like an old guys feet! Anyway, I took a big crunchy bite into it. For all that it mattered, it could have been a raw potato. Sure was disappointed.

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Cravings

My only cravings recently are wine and coffee. Can't get enough. Oh, cheese. Cheese and wine. I don't think it's particularly good for me. Unfortunately, I crave expensive wine. LOL. That at least keeps my consumption down to a minimum.

Todd