anybody out there lost their life partner

2»

Comments

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited March 2018 #22
    All of our stories

Break my heart. My husband survived stage iv cancer seven years ago and five years ago his body started breaking down from the treatment. Combine that with continued abuse of alcohol and tobacco, even though they caused his original cancer, was like a slow train wreck.

Jim passed two weeks ago and I am physically and mentally exhausted. I cry any time I slow down. 

The only relief I feel is that I don't have to worry what the end will be like for Jim. It was peaceful.

• Noellesmom
    Grieving time

I think in some ways grieving time is so personal that everyone has their individual timetables. I seem to take a few steps forward and a few back. Grief blindsides me.

I miss my husband of forty years. Jim has been gone two and a half months and sometimes it feels like he passed last night and other times it is like it has been years.

Time is a healer but I have been through acute loss before and I know this never really goes away. 

I hate this.  I knew for seven years this time would come but I still hate this.

• YROSS
    YROSS Member Posts: 17

John left me 8 weeks ago from small cell lung cancer. We have been married 42 years. High school sweethearts. Five kids and three grandkids. I cry every day. I just wonder if it ever gets better? It seems so unfair. We just got our last kid raised a year ago and took a trip to Mexico and thought we would get to do plenty of fun stuff now that they were all grown. What will I ever do with myself? I just don't know. I guess I have no answere for you if I have none for myself. Peace and love in Christ. Carol in MO

So sorry :(

How are you doing today?  I'm losing my husband so frightened.  Need help.

• Noellesmom
    YROSS said:

So sorry :(

How are you doing today?  I'm losing my husband so frightened.  Need help.

Listening

What is going on?