Haven’t been around much lately

Lou Ann M
Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

i have been trying to read everybody’s post, but have been having trouble with that.  It seems like all of my concintr is gone.  Same with writing. Thinking is hard.  So many new people that I want to welcome.  It seems like we are getting more and more new people on this board, which is sad.  Just wanted to let all of you know how much I really care about you and that I pray for all of you.

my faith and hope is still strong and with me, but my physical strength has gone down hill. My oncologist is puzzled, he can’t find much information on others who are at same place i am.  He is not a pessimist and neither am I,  I have only one tumor tha is still growing near my spine and Vena Cava. He doesn’t think that the Radiologist can radiate it any mor.  We have use up the chemo that are known to work  and I seem to be nearing the end of Keytruda.  Yesterday he presented my case to the Tumor board to see if they had any ideas.  tomorrow I have a biopsy to send to Foundation One to see if they have any ideas.  I still have good days my bad days consist of days when my lower right side of my back hurts unbelievable.  Everyone agrees that the tumor is sitting on a clump of nerves.  There is hope out there and neither my oncologist or I are ready to give up. One good thing is that my CA125 dropped from 428 to 302

sending Hugs and prayers to all of you my wonderful friends

Comments

• henhill
    henhill Member Posts: 123
    LouAnn

I pray for you at this moment.... I do know how you feel in that I keep going up and down also.   When this is painful, it is really painful.  Have you tried marijuana?  Is surgery possible? Have you gotten in touch with any of the other hospitals  with clinical trials?  I really don't have many answers, but I am so very sorry to learn that you are suffering.  My heart hurts for you.

Please ask a family member or friend to periodically let us know how you are if you ae unable to do it.  I will keep praying for you and if theres anything more that I can do, I will be glad to, just ask.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited January 2018 #3
    Lou Ann as Always I pray for

Lou Ann as Always I pray for your strength. Hoping for your pain relief.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm so sorry you're still in

I'm so sorry you're still in pain. Hopefully you'll get good news on your tumors and they can match a drug to tackle it.  I miss seeing you here but understand about the concentration problems. 

Love, 

Eldri 

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Good to hear from you

You’re in all of our prayers along with everybody on this board. But you are one of our special ones. I just registered for our state’s medical marijuana program. It’s not up and running yet. They anticipate March but I figured what the heck. Funny because I’ve never even smoked. But I figure all options are on table now, huh?  Hang in there you brave woman!  

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    henhill said:

LouAnn

I pray for you at this moment.... I do know how you feel in that I keep going up and down also.   When this is painful, it is really painful.  Have you tried marijuana?  Is surgery possible? Have you gotten in touch with any of the other hospitals  with clinical trials?  I really don't have many answers, but I am so very sorry to learn that you are suffering.  My heart hurts for you.

Please ask a family member or friend to periodically let us know how you are if you ae unable to do it.  I will keep praying for you and if theres anything more that I can do, I will be glad to, just ask.

Henhill

i haven’t tried Marijuana as of yet.  I might consider the cannabis oil at some point. Because it is so close to my spine and Vena cava vein that surgery is not a very good option.  My oncologist keeps track of clinical trials that might work and even a few things outside of the Thelma of trials.  We just have to find the right thing. And I really think that that is prayer.  Thanks for yours

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited January 2018 #7
    Lou Ann so good to hear from

Lou Ann so good to hear from you. Im sorry you are in paon.  I m praying for you and your doctors. Thanks for chimming in.

Lots of love janae

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Sorry i mean pain

Sorry i mean pain

• evolo58
    evolo58 Member Posts: 293 Member
    I am so sorry to read this.

I am so sorry to read this. Hope the tumor board finds a safe and effective alternative.

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Thank you for the update. It

Thank you for the update. It so speaks to your strength and character that you do this in spite of the difficulties you are dealing with. Your attitude of keeping at it in spite whatever this beast throws at you is amazing and an example for us all to remember when the going to gets rough at times.

I second Hen Hills suggestion that you ask family members to help you with your posts if possible. We're all sending you our prayers and strength that your doctor's and tests can still pull another rabbit out of the hat for you, even if it just helps to alleviate the pain you are in. 

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2018 #11
    Always good to see your posts

Sorry to hear your strength is zapped buy happy to see your post. I read more than write on this board and always find you to be such encouragement...especially when you often add that you've had more good days than bad. I cling to that when thinking about my own future with upsc. Like the others have expressed, here's to the tumor board being creative and formulating a good plan for you.

Jayne

• RB773
    RB773 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2018 #12
    So sorry to hear what you are

So sorry to hear what you are going through. 

I second others comments: you are an inspiration to others and wish you the best.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    Lou Ann, our shining light,

Lou Ann, our shining light, you are such an inspiration to us.  I have no doubt your oncologist gets up every day to work for YOU.  You and all the warriors are in my prayers.  Hugs dear one.

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Lou Ann

I am hoping that your medical team will come up with a safe and effective treatment. Please do stay hopeful. 

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Lou Ann dear

Thank you Lou Ann for posting despite your pain and decrease in abilities to concentrate. You really are an amazing and inspiring survivor. Your sisters on this site have benefited greatly from your willingness to open your heart and mind to us as we each have endured the fight against cancer. Keeping you in my prayers...sending my guardian angel to strengthen yours. ((Hug))

Lori 

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    Lou Ann

Praying for healing, comfort and peace for you!

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2018 #17
    So good to see your post!

It's so good to hear from you, Lou Ann!  Your presence was sorely missed. I'm very sorry about the pain, of course, but also pleased that nothing new has cropped up; the whack-a-mole aspect of this d**n cancer is the hardest part and, if you haven't got any new moles, that's far preferrable to the alternative. Thank you for the update and know that you're in my prayers. Please keep us posted and know that we're all there for you. 

• saltycandy13
    saltycandy13 Member Posts: 167 Member
    A newbie!

I'm new but I wish you the best and hope for you, aside from prayer.  I meet with my Priest whenever I can.  God be with you and give you strength and light and most of all: love from all of us

Karen

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    I hope your doctor comes up

I hope your doctor comes up with a great plan, and that you get your energy back! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Veronica

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    Thoughts and Prayers

Hi Lou Ann,

So sorry that you are experiencing pain and loss of energy.  However, it sounds like your oncologist is determined to come up with a new plan of action.  He sounds like the kind of individual who will leave no stone unturned.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

MoeKay

• survivingsu
    survivingsu Member Posts: 134 Member
    Lou Ann, you're awesome!

Lou Ann,

I hope that you can feel all of the positive wishes sent your way by all your "sisters".  You are an inspiration and in your messages I see your warmth and kindness.

Thank goodness for you!

Susan