Cold medication

nkeelty
nkeelty Member Posts: 18 Member

HI! I know this might sound trivial but I have a cold I cannot kick. Right now I just finished a round of Camptosar, Avastin, 5fu, and leucovorin. What can I take to ease the symptoms? I am at a loss.

Comments

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    I have a sniffle this morning

I have a sniffle this morning but I don't know if it's a cold or irritation from the dry air (the cold temps have the heater running a lot). I have my off-chemo week starting Wednesday so I'll get 7 days to rebuild should it be a cold. I prefer not to take medications for cold/flu as I prefer to know that I have them. I should run the humidifier tonight.

If I were in your position, I think that I'd ask my oncology team as to what to do.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    I have heard about zinc

I have heard about zinc lozenges shortening the duration, but I'd ask the Oncs about it first.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

I have heard about zinc

I have heard about zinc lozenges shortening the duration, but I'd ask the Oncs about it first.

Zicam

I've taken the Zicam before and it works wonders however my doctor "never" wanted me to take any supplements as it can hamper the treatment's effects.  Always best to ask, like you said, the doctor first. 

Kim

• nkeelty
    nkeelty Member Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you

Thanks for the feedback! I just took some benedrylsince they give me that anyway and will wait until Tuesday when everyone is back from the holidays!