signs leaking will stop

No doubt this topic has been addressed elsewhere and I would appreciate direction to find these forums. I'm in need of information on the urinary leaking I'm experiencing since my prostectomy's catheter was removed 10 days. I am desparate to talk to someone to know what "normal" is right now.  I don't leak overnight, but deal with a perpetual drip, drip,  drip all day unless I am seated.  I'm doing my kegels, walking and praying for some ability to gain control. I estimate I'm using 3-5 pads per day. How do I know that all of this is making a difference?  I can't really see any difference day to day. Does a person just wake up one day and the leaking has stopped?   What are the signs that things are getting better - other than the obvious.  I need someone to give me a description of their progress out of this swamp.. Any help appreciated. I get discouraged.  

Comments

• jeffman
    jeffman Member Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2017 #2
    Patience. Patience. And then

Patience. Patience. And then more patience. I still leak and use multiple pads after 3 months but it is improving. As is often noted here -everyone is different. One thing I learned is that improvement  happens, but slowly. Initially I was looking for daily improvement but , in reality it is more of a weekly or monthly improvement for a lot of us. Kegels and walking and patience. It isn't fun or easy but pays off in the long run.

• CleanGene
    CleanGene Member Posts: 5
    jeffman said:

Patience. Patience. And then

Patience. Patience. And then more patience. I still leak and use multiple pads after 3 months but it is improving. As is often noted here -everyone is different. One thing I learned is that improvement  happens, but slowly. Initially I was looking for daily improvement but , in reality it is more of a weekly or monthly improvement for a lot of us. Kegels and walking and patience. It isn't fun or easy but pays off in the long run.

thank you. 

thank you.