3 Year CyberKnife Results

CC52
CC52 Member Posts: 105 Member
edited September 2017 in Prostate Cancer #1

I joined CSN in 2013 after being diagnosed, 3 of 18 cores positive, 3+4 Gleason.

(my story here: https://csn.cancer.org/node/264905; My CyberKnife experience here: https://csn.cancer.org/node/292915). 

For those that want to be spared the threads - here's an abridged version:

My case was relatively low involvement, possibly worthy of consideration for Active Surveillance. I knew there was no need to rush off into treatment, but after getting second opinions from Johns Hopkins and Georgetown and considering the various treatments, I opted for CK in September 2014. As I have documented, my post-CK experience was not all smooth sailing, although no one can say that what happened in my case was directly related to the treatment. However, it's where I am today - as it hopefully can be for all of us - that is the truly good news. I've never been one to toot my own horn. Just not my style. But here, amongst those that share our common bond, I am once again thrilled to shout out my great news:

A PSA of <.1 ng/mL, "normal" testosterone of 401 ng/dL.  Cool   The issues I'd experienced (mostly urinary) are in the rear view mirror. Still a few differences from pre-CK - but they may be more of an age thing. Just celebrated my 65th.

I don't visit or contribute as I had in the past. I guess that's part of improving health and other aspects of life demanding attention. But know that I'm always with you in spirit, and think often of the wonderful support this board provides for the many that have found their way here. All the best to each and every one of you. I raise my glass!!

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 979 Member
    edited September 2017 #2
    Good news

Hi,

Many more continued low PSA reading......................, good luck CC52

Dave 3+4

• mstoriop
    mstoriop Member Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks and Congrats

Congratulations on the news and thanks very much for checking back in.  It really helps to learn from others experiences when struggling to make treament decisions.  Continued good luck wishes for you.  

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    Is it three years already, WOW

I am glad for your results.

I remember that you did your diligence in a coordinated fashion, and made some very good choices..congratuations.

Welcome to Medicare...enjoy your life.

I consider you a well articulated, knowledgeable person with a good heart. I hope that you will visit from time to time to contribute.

Wishing you the best.

• Swingshiftworker
    Swingshiftworker Member Posts: 1,017 Member
    Congrats!

I'm 7 years post-CK treatment. Turning 67 in a couple of wks.  I have had no side effects and my PSA is still declining but is still not below 0.1.  So, congrats to you!

• CC52
    CC52 Member Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2017 #6
    Thanks friends!

Thanks everyone, and for the kind words Hopeful.

Enjoy your birthday Swingshift! 

• Julielynn0501
    Julielynn0501 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2017 #7

Congrats!

I'm 7 years post-CK treatment. Turning 67 in a couple of wks.  I have had no side effects and my PSA is still declining but is still not below 0.1.  So, congrats to you!

Please enlighten me!

I just saw your reply and it looks like you might be similar to my husband's case.  Would you mind telling me a little about yours?  He's 60 and considering CK.   Thanks!

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member

Please enlighten me!

I just saw your reply and it looks like you might be similar to my husband's case.  Would you mind telling me a little about yours?  He's 60 and considering CK.   Thanks!

Julielynn

I responded to the thread that you also started....best that anyone reading your above post who wishes can respond to that thread so all comments will be in one place for your review....Best

• Swingshiftworker
    Swingshiftworker Member Posts: 1,017 Member

Please enlighten me!

Just replied in your thread.

Just replied in your thread.