brentuximab

Has anyone ever tried this chemo before? My doctors are giving me this and then stem cells transplan.

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    Adcetris?

It is a revolutionary antibody-drug conjugate. It targets CD30, if your tumor cells have that. Primary side effect is some neuropathy, but every patient is different.

• LacieAnn728
    LacieAnn728 Member Posts: 34
    po18guy said:

Adcetris?

It is a revolutionary antibody-drug conjugate. It targets CD30, if your tumor cells have that. Primary side effect is some neuropathy, but every patient is different.

I heard it much easier then

I heard it much easier then ice which was an option but activity isn’t high and not much growth in nodes. But did you have a stem cell transplant? I know I will need one in February I heard it’s very rough. Hoping I get through it.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited November 2017 #4
    It all depends

ICE is old-school and can be tough. There is an alternative to ICE, called TREC (Bendamustine, Rituxan, Etoposide, Carboplatin). I received three infusions of TREC even though I was in full response after only two infusions. That was a miraculous situation and not everyone gets that response. However, it is a great alternative to ICE, and one need not be hospitalized to receive it. The caveat is that some doctors are afraid of it or simply do not know about it. In the same cituation is another brand new combination called BGV, and it consists of Bendamustine, Gemcitabine and Vinorelbine - but I think it was in a Hodgkin's clinical trial. However, a sharp hematologist can use either of these, as they are simply new combinations of older, well-known drugs. It really helps if one's hematologist is a researcher, or regularly interacts with them.