Double Expressor Large B Cell NHL

mfedez87
mfedez87 Member Posts: 6

Good afternoon. My mother was diagnosed with Double Expresor Large B Cell NHL about 3 months ago. We found out she is in remission after 2 rounds of da-rpoch.  She will continue to get a total of 6 treatments followed by methotrexate infusions. We are aware that the cancer my mom has is very agressive and can potentially come back. I am wondering if there is anyone on here with the same diganosis that can share with us what their experience has been like. Thank you so much. 

Comments

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    I'm like your mom

Hi Mfedez.  So sorry that you need to be here, but welcome. It sounds like things are going well for your mom.  That's great.  Since you are looking for "similar", I (68 yo F) have diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL), agressive, double expressor but not double hit (i.e., no gene rearrangment).  My DLBCL is also CD19 negative, which is somewhat unusual (most B cells epxress the cell surface marker CD19. Therefore, many B cell malignancies also express it; mine does not).  I was also "clear" after 2 rounds of DA-R-EPOCH.  I had a total of six rounds and got spinal methotrexate with the first four.  I am now 6 months out from finishing chemo and have had 2 clear PET scans since then

Here's the bright side to focus on: "aggressive" generally equates to "rapidly dividing".  And chemo targets rapidly dividing cells! Please feel free to come back with questions as they arise.  You'll find the folks here very supportive.  Good luck.

• mfedez87
    mfedez87 Member Posts: 6
    Evarista said:

I'm like your mom

Hi Mfedez.  So sorry that you need to be here, but welcome. It sounds like things are going well for your mom.  That's great.  Since you are looking for "similar", I (68 yo F) have diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL), agressive, double expressor but not double hit (i.e., no gene rearrangment).  My DLBCL is also CD19 negative, which is somewhat unusual (most B cells epxress the cell surface marker CD19. Therefore, many B cell malignancies also express it; mine does not).  I was also "clear" after 2 rounds of DA-R-EPOCH.  I had a total of six rounds and got spinal methotrexate with the first four.  I am now 6 months out from finishing chemo and have had 2 clear PET scans since then

Here's the bright side to focus on: "aggressive" generally equates to "rapidly dividing".  And chemo targets rapidly dividing cells! Please feel free to come back with questions as they arise.  You'll find the folks here very supportive.  Good luck.

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your remission! That is such great news. I pray mom continues to be clear.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Laughing