Does the chemo itself cause weight loss?

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

my husband is literally wasting away its killing me to watch. He is eating, I see him eat, no nausea, no vomiting. His cancer was not aggressive so I don't think that's it, and he only had two liver mets. so does folfox with Avastin cause weight loss on its own? 

Comments

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    I dont know that it does but

I dont know that it does but do look around his area and go in the bathroom with him.

• Ruthmomto4
    edited November 2017 #3
    He isn't having any

Problems at all, no bathroom issues, no pain. he isn't even nauseaous just eating like crazy but not putting on weight. Losing still about 4lbs in between treatments. It's almost like his metabolism is on over drive.

• aoccc2015
    aoccc2015 Member Posts: 37
    I actually gained weight with

I actually gained weight with my oxy/avasin/5fu for 6 months, few months later with just avastin and 5fu i lost weight just like your husband. I eat the same, maybe more..i guess everyone is different. I do work a fast paced job and no colon so i have to eat more to stay up with the weight so it really is a struggle. I really hope they get it right for him.

• Ruthmomto4
    aoccc2015 said:

I actually gained weight with

I actually gained weight with my oxy/avasin/5fu for 6 months, few months later with just avastin and 5fu i lost weight just like your husband. I eat the same, maybe more..i guess everyone is different. I do work a fast paced job and no colon so i have to eat more to stay up with the weight so it really is a struggle. I really hope they get it right for him.

Thank you

i meant to have him ask but I forgot, he will be asking next week.  He has his colon just lost a few inches of it. he is also getting oxy in his mix of drugs the only thing missing is irinotecan, that made him very ill.