Post Surgery Corrections

Ravindranath
Ravindranath Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

image   image     image   image

Hi,

My son has undergone reuired surgery and treatment for SINOVIAL SARCOMA on Left Temporal regison. He had to forego his left JAW MUSCLES in the process which has created a deformation (CAVITY) on this face.

It is 4 + years now and doctors are suggested to go in for FACIAL SURGERY to correct the deformation. I am looking for guidance on the following from expert panels.

1) What is the effective COSMETIC SURGERY that is more compatible for such surgeries (Cancer related)

2) What is the success rate of such surgeries, may be PROS and CONS can help me in taking a decision on the right option.

Ravindranath

Comments

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    There may not be many on this

There may not be many on this site that have had cosmetic surgery.??

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234

A plastic surgeon would probably be able to do a lot.   Your son looks soooo young!  I would think it would be life changing.

My knowledge of anything even close would be my son-in-law who had septic meningitis.  The doctors were able to take a muscle from his back to regive him use of an arm.  Maybe something could be done for loss of muscle in his jaw???

An implant could be made for the temple area, I would think. ??

I don't know how any of that would effect future screening.  Millions of women have had breast reconstruction after cancer...

I would definately be seeing the surgeon with the above questions.

My husband now has total paralysis of one side of his face.  But, he is over 70 years old, so we are adapting with non-surgical solutions.  If he were younger, we found there were even corrective surgery for that.

It is AMAZING what they can do, even if it were just cosmetic.

Hope this helps.

Very best wishes for you and your son,

Crystal