Pet scan results!!!! Even more scared!!!!

Has anyone had a pet scan done show low activity and still be relapse??? My pet scan show border line activity and now I need a biopsy again!! This time they are gonna do a biopsy in my chest ! Does anyone know if his is painful??? The acticity shows like a level 5 which my doctor said it’s borderline and that’s why she wants to do this biopsy. I’m so scared that this might be cancer again!? I had clear scans within 2 cycles of abvd and just ended chemo last months I’m so scared! Plz anyone with input or experience help me.

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    I would say to control your

I would say to control your anxiety first. You fear what may not be there. You can spend your entire life with such worry, which does not sound very attractive.

• LacieAnn728
    LacieAnn728 Member Posts: 34
    I’m not concerned about

I’m not concerned about looking attractive and this is very scary to go through I have an 11 year old daughter and thought Hodgkin’s lymphoma was curable 

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    What if it is not a relapse?

Wait until a relapse is confirmed before freaking out. Then, follow these instructions: Don't freak out. Neither of my lymphmas is "curable." Both are aggressive, both were at stage IV-B. About 100 tumors total. Bone marrow and small intestine involvement. No standard treatment. Poor prognosis > extremely poor prognosis > unbelievably rotten prognosis > indscribably abysmally unbelievably rotten prognosis > less than 1/2 of one percent chance of being alive. After 18 drugs, there were no more to use against them. I didn't care. I didn't listen. I just lived on.

Moms have a worry gene and that is kicking your butt about right now. Do whatever you can to suppress it, to disregard it. 

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    LacieAnn

I am so sorry that you feel so scared and I do understand. You are now in a transition period and it can be scary. When we are in active treatment, we are being looked after and taken care of. Suddenly we are alone with ourselves. No more assuring doctor or smiling nurses. No more regular visits with people who always seem so happpy to see you. We feel abandoned. We feel shell shocked. We have completed treatment but nowhere near normal or "new normal"--whatever that is. Fear of relapse becomes our constant buddy. 

Time will help.

It sounds like your doctor is being very thorough and I hope you can take comfort in that. I don't know if a chest biopsy is painful but I did have 4 chest incisions for ports without much discomfort. 

Maybe you can find a support group? I have attended one for 5 years and it has become very important to me. 

Hugs,

Rocquie

• elisa73
    elisa73 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2017 #6
    po18guy said:

What if it is not a relapse?

Wait until a relapse is confirmed before freaking out. Then, follow these instructions: Don't freak out. Neither of my lymphmas is "curable." Both are aggressive, both were at stage IV-B. About 100 tumors total. Bone marrow and small intestine involvement. No standard treatment. Poor prognosis > extremely poor prognosis > unbelievably rotten prognosis > indscribably abysmally unbelievably rotten prognosis > less than 1/2 of one percent chance of being alive. After 18 drugs, there were no more to use against them. I didn't care. I didn't listen. I just lived on.

Moms have a worry gene and that is kicking your butt about right now. Do whatever you can to suppress it, to disregard it. 

Hi Po

I love your no bs attitude, but sometimes it's hard to be as strong as you seem. 

I for one am not all that strong at all. 

Please share some of your magic zen with me, you can find my post at the beginning of the forum (waiting for a biopsy and scared), but please don't be too tough on me... :)

Elisa