Systematic or hypochondriac?..... help

Samant
Samant Member Posts: 2

I could go on all day, I’m 41 yr., healthy mother of two, was doing cross fit 3 to 4 Times a week, but I’m just gonna go ahead and type up my symptoms

Again I am sorry. Over the past year I’ve been experiencing multiple ear infactions (right ear only)every 2 to 3 months. finally after the 4 one my doctor sent me to an ENT. ENT, then told me that my ear was fine, probably was is a muscle in my neck pinched. I went on vacation w/family, while driving to Maine my feet started to become itchy. Two days in extreme/painfull itchy feet, I tried everything( new shoes, cortisone, foot fungus cream)   i Swore I caught a rest stop bug, it last for about two weeks. About a week later, I started to become extremely frustrated and tired and sleeping alot more. I became itchy all over, I began hving pressure on my upper chest/ low neck. Getting ready for work, i noticed.my right side of neck is swollen, I felt my neck and found several large lymph nodes. I finally went to docs about 2 weeks later (had to wait for day off) went to my doc thinking Ive got the flu. Doc took one look at my neck, said that my  esophagus just pushed my left side, found a lump on my clavicle bone (right side), did X-rays found my  diagram is extended. doc. i go Friday for my ct scan, blood work came back “low”, but in the normal range. so, of course I,m googling 

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    As you type...

Bear in mind a couple of things: Cancer produces syptoms, but symptoms do not produce cancer. As well, there are over 68,000 known human illnesses and conditions. Our bodies are capable of exhibiting about 150 different symptoms. By simple math, that is the potential of 450+ diseases per symptom. Two symptoms, double that number and so on. You can see why diagnostics is time consuming and frustrating for both doctor and patient.

If you suspect hypochondria, please discuss that with doctor for an opinion, as hypochondria/anxiety may compel you to undergo numerous painful, invasive and potentially damaging procedures in a search for an illness which is not there.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member
    Symptoms Can Indeed Cause Cancer

Symptoms of other conditions can cause cancer. One example would be gerd causing esophageal cancer. Another would be certain hormonal dysfunctions. There are actually many such examples. Certain forms of cancer can themselves be symptoms caused by other diseases.

• Samant
    Samant Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017 #4
    Sorry I fell asleep I wasn’t done typing,lol just to move

Again I am sorry. Over the past year I’ve been experiencing multiple ear infactions (right ear only)every 2 to 3 months. finally after the 4 one my doctor sent me to an ENT. ENT, then told me that my ear was fine, probably was is a muscle in my neck pinched. I went on vacation w/family, while driving to Maine my feet started to become itchy. Two days in extreme/painfull itchy feet, I tried everything( new shoes, cortisone, foot fungus cream)   i Swore I caught a rest stop bug, it last for about two weeks. About a week later, I started to become extremely frustrated and tired and sleeping alot more. I became itchy all over, I began hving pressure on my upper chest/ low neck. Getting ready for work, i noticed.my right side of neck is swollen, I felt my neck and found several large lymph nodes. I finally went to docs about 2 weeks later (had to wait for day off) went to my doc thinking Ive got the flu. Doc took one look at my neck, said that my  esophagus just pushed my left side, found a lump on my clavicle bone (right side), did X-rays found my  diagram is extended. doc. i go Friday for my ct scan, blood work came back “low”, but in the normal range. so, of course I,m googling