There is always hope

Lou Ann M
Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member

Today I saw my Medical oncologist to discuss and make plans.  The only tumor that is growing is the one in my chest, so,that can be treated with radiation, and since Keytruda is keeping the other two stable, we can go back to using that again when radiation is finished.  My oncologist was able to get me in to,see the radiologist right after my appointment with him.  The radiologist thinks he will be able,to radiate that tumor failrly easy.  He thinks about 12 times.  The schedulers were able to get me into a planning session on a Monday..  I am so very thankful for the team of doctors that I have.  I have been so blessed.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited October 2017 #2
    Fantastic that you have such

Fantastic that you have such a wonderful caring doctor with a plan. You are blessed and are so deserving !

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    That's really encouraging news

I sure hope all of this helps you to have less pain than you've been dealing with. It sure has been some scary stuff you've been going through! You seem to handle it all with such grace...I am in awe. 

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Great doctors

Lou Ann, you do have a fantastic team working for you.  Hoping that this plan with the Keytruda will be successful.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    YES!

You have a plan.  Now onward and upward. You do have a fantastic team but I think they are devoted to their fantastic patient. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Finger

Spasm

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    I agree with Connie's

I agree with Connie's fantastic patient comment! Love you Lou Ann and I'm so glad there is an actual plan to move you forward in the battle.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited October 2017 #8
    Ditto all the comments

So glad you have found a way forward and always so appreciate your message of HOPE!  Blessings! (((HUGS)))

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2017 #9
    You are living proof of that,

You are living proof of that, Lou Ann! So glad to read this update and to know that you are in great hands. Good luck and keep us updated on how you are doing.

• DottieDean
    DottieDean Member Posts: 36
    ConnieSW said:

YES!

You have a plan.  Now onward and upward. You do have a fantastic team but I think they are devoted to their fantastic patient. 

I too, am a nurse, who worked

I too, am a nurse, who worked during the early years of when you had cancer, chemo was the only option, and it was so horrible, no one wanted to do it.  Am thankful, they have made some progress on that treatment.  I am recuperating from surgery and expect to begin chemo soon.  All those things I taught patients about are the things I'm doing myself now - pain management, bowels, splinting when I cough, etc.  Sure gives you a different perspective.  I'm still working and I don't believe I will ever look at patients the same way again.

• Sharring
    Sharring Member Posts: 24
    Blessed!

i love to read your updates Lou Ann! You are amazing and inspirational.  I am only just beginning my journey but each time you and others share I can see the light closer and closer down that long tunnel of what seems like darkness!  Sending prayers. And I too could not feel more blessed with the most amazing medical team.  I have heard great things about Keytruda!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Hugs!!

Hugs to you Lou Ann!

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    Great News

Thank you for keeping us updated with the good news, Lou Ann. Wonderful that your team is thinking long-term, those are the people you want on your side! 

• Cass83
    Cass83 Member Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2017 #14
    hope all goes well

Praying all goes well for you!

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2017 #15
    Lou Ann, you are an

Lou Ann, you are an inspiration to us all!  So glad you had some good news and hopefully they can get the pain controlled.

Love,

Eldri

• SandyD
    SandyD Member Posts: 130
    That is wonderful news Lou Ann!

Your team is the best! Hugs to you!

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    This is some hopeful news,

This is some hopeful news, Lou Ann! Very glad that there your med. team has a plan for you. I've been praying for you a while, and I will continue to do so.

I love your optimism and positivity. You are a blessing and an inspiration!

Love,
    Rebecca

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Lou ann thanks for all your

Lou ann thanks for all your fighting with this cancer.  You have done so much for many on this board including me.  I wouldnt be where I am today with out your support.

Love Janae