psa doubling false negatives

kainasar
kainasar Member Posts: 12 Member

I have been reading your posts for a while - appreciate your input and from other great suppotive folks on list.

New to list not sure where to start, please reply to me or list as is appropriate.

Me - IMRT in 2012. Gleason 3 + 4, PSA at time of radiotherapy 7.4.

after IMRT 2012 PSA was 0.2. Climbed since then at abt a .7 PSADT Slope until

June 2017 when PSA jumped from 4.0 to 5.6 this Sept. The MRI's, CTscan, PETscan bonescan , and Auximin Petscan have been negative.

Before surge in psadt medical onc said to stay with active surv. After surge he said to 

go to rad onc docs or urologic surgeons, as Auxumon Pet indicated organ confined only.

Docs seem to be passing hot potato.  

-k

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,002 Member
    Location?

Hi,

Before they treat it don't they have to find it first?  I would want to know where the cancer is located and it sounds like from your post there is no cancer, but your PSA says different.  I would want more tests done to determine the location of the cancer.  You would think with a PSA of 5.6 they should be able to locate it somewhere.  If your current doc's can't find it then I would go to another doctor to see if they can pinpoint the location.

Dave 3+4

• contento
    contento Member Posts: 75
    That is puzzling

Kainasar, I'm not sure I understand your post.  You say all your scans were negative including the Auximin PET scan. But then later you say that the Auximin PET scan revealed that the cancer is organ confined ? Hopefully the cancer is still confined and that it did not travel beyond the prostate. However I'm not familiar with the treatment protocol with a reoccurence after receiving IMRT.

• kainasar
    organ confined

Sounds musical huh.

I meant that in searching for mets, which is what the test is intended, none were found. The same "cancer" appears to remain inside, based on

this test. MRI biopsy showed typical radiated cells in prostate = negative. 

thanks.

-k

• kainasar

Location?

Hi,

Before they treat it don't they have to find it first?  I would want to know where the cancer is located and it sounds like from your post there is no cancer, but your PSA says different.  I would want more tests done to determine the location of the cancer.  You would think with a PSA of 5.6 they should be able to locate it somewhere.  If your current doc's can't find it then I would go to another doctor to see if they can pinpoint the location.

Dave 3+4

Data is from recurrent pc after 2012 IMRT. 

The scans have been negative, meaning no mets discovered, so, 

its organ confined. Auxumin tracer showed it inside, not outside.

PSA still climbing since 2012 frm .2, as described.

thanks.

• kainasar
    contento said:

That is puzzling

Kainasar, I'm not sure I understand your post.  You say all your scans were negative including the Auximin PET scan. But then later you say that the Auximin PET scan revealed that the cancer is organ confined ? Hopefully the cancer is still confined and that it did not travel beyond the prostate. However I'm not familiar with the treatment protocol with a reoccurence after receiving IMRT.

kainasar

Sep 29, 2017 - 8:12 pm

New

Data is from recurrent pc after 2012 IMRT. 

The scans have been negative, meaning no mets discovered, so, 

its organ confined. Auxumin tracer showed it inside, not outside.