2»

Comments

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    po18guy said:

In my prayers

'Scanticipation' of a clean scan!

Po18guy

Thank you for your prayers. I will find out the results tomorrow. And I scanticipate good results.

• Rocquie
    Sandy Ray said:

Praying

Praying your scan goes well. 

Sandy

Thank you for your prayers.

• Rocquie
    edited September 2017 #24
    lindary said:

contrast

Any time I have to drink that contrast I take the vanilla flavor. Doesn't make it taste better but it does lower my expectations of what it will taste like. 

Linda

I am given no choice. . .

• Rocquie
    OO7 said:

Hope it was chilled!

For me I need to drink it cold, I just down it like no tomorrow while never allowing to get warmer than when given to me.  

Best of luck and prayers for a good scan.

I had my Onc appointment  last week.  He said wonderful words like stable, and I'll see you in six months and if all still goes well and  perhaps longer in between the following visit :-)

I can't even imagine....

I did refrigerate the Breeza, but couldn't down it! I was instructed to sip it contiously for an hour prior to the scan. 

Congratulations  on your great appointment last week. And thank you for your prayers.

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Hello

Wonderful news 007, I am so happy .  Always thinking about you Roquie and hoping for the best.

• OO7
    OO7 Member Posts: 281
    Thank you.

Rocquie and Illead thank you.  I feel skeptical for some reason like I'm not allowed to feel relief especially when I'm so tired.  The worse part was the excitement was killed by the loneliness of my peculiar circumstances.  Yesterday I went to my mothers house to reveal my secret as I feel she should know especially when I'm doing so well and my health is fine and of course I was reminded again that this is my cross and I just can't burden her.  She has been through enough with cancer with my father and her mother I just can't do it.  Plus I feel guilty for doing so well.

So again a great big thank you, I really appreciate it.

Becky:  I have been thinking a great deal of you and your husband and hoping all is well for all of us.

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 143 Member
    007 Stable

So happy for you! Great group of people on here. Glad we have people to share with who know how we feel. Well at least to some extent.

Sandy Ray

• OO7
    Thank you

Indeed, it's comforting sharing our concerns, victories or simply to ask a question.  Besides there is no better cheerleader than someone who walked in our shoes.  

Best Regards!

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    OO7 said:

Thank you

Indeed, it's comforting sharing our concerns, victories or simply to ask a question.  Besides there is no better cheerleader than someone who walked in our shoes.  

Best Regards!

"Walked in our shoes..."

Yes, the cancer experience has to be experienced to be understood in the fullest sense.  While society is more understanding of medical issues today than in earlier decades, one still encounters many of the old reactions, although they are not always spoken, you can sense them: 

The ones I hate the most are the, "So-and-so has cancer; how long 'till he's dead ?" --  as if no cancer is curable

Up until the 1970s, many people would not touch a cancer patient, for fear of "getting it."  I witnessed old aunts decades ago who would not touch a relative dying of cancer, believing it contageous. Fortunately, few are that ignorant any more.

Or, "I'm sorry you're sick, I guess we just have really great genes in my family."  Most cancers, especially blood cancers, are not believed to be genetic.  When I hear that one, I think to myself: "Well, what is genetic is intelligence, and I obviously blew you off the map in that genetic area !"

And my all-time most despised (and the one that remains most acceptable today) is, "I always ate a no-cancer diet, so I guess I'm in the clear....Sorry about you."    There is a close-to-zero link between Lymphoma or Leukemia and diet.  Indeed, both are among the most common childhood cancers, which renders a diet link ridiculous (that is, children have simply not been eating enough years to have a diet-induced cancer, even if these were diet-inked).

I hope this old hit relates to your situation... It has a very 60's sound.  Best listened to with round sunglasses on (think Janis Joplin) and while wearing a few strands of beads ! 

max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofhw0lWpVZc

• Rocquie
    edited September 2017 #31

I had an appointment with my Hem/Onc yesterday to go over the CT scan I had last week. The findings were excellent. I still have the 2 "stable borderline"  para-aortic lymph nodes but no other "pathologically enlarged or enlarging" lymph nodes. No spenomegaly and at diagnosis my spleen was huge. My doctor said if he saw this report on a person without my lymphoma history, he would think nothing of it. All blood work was good and in normal ranges. 

Doc also pointed out that we are at 5 years from diagnosis and the importance of that milestone. He wants to see me again in 6 months which will be 5 years from completion of my R-CHOP. If all is still well, I won't need to see him for another year. 

Wow! So happy to be here!

Rocquie

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member

"Walked in our shoes..."

Yes, the cancer experience has to be experienced to be understood in the fullest sense.  While society is more understanding of medical issues today than in earlier decades, one still encounters many of the old reactions, although they are not always spoken, you can sense them: 

The ones I hate the most are the, "So-and-so has cancer; how long 'till he's dead ?" --  as if no cancer is curable

Up until the 1970s, many people would not touch a cancer patient, for fear of "getting it."  I witnessed old aunts decades ago who would not touch a relative dying of cancer, believing it contageous. Fortunately, few are that ignorant any more.

Or, "I'm sorry you're sick, I guess we just have really great genes in my family."  Most cancers, especially blood cancers, are not believed to be genetic.  When I hear that one, I think to myself: "Well, what is genetic is intelligence, and I obviously blew you off the map in that genetic area !"

And my all-time most despised (and the one that remains most acceptable today) is, "I always ate a no-cancer diet, so I guess I'm in the clear....Sorry about you."    There is a close-to-zero link between Lymphoma or Leukemia and diet.  Indeed, both are among the most common childhood cancers, which renders a diet link ridiculous (that is, children have simply not been eating enough years to have a diet-induced cancer, even if these were diet-inked).

I hope this old hit relates to your situation... It has a very 60's sound.  Best listened to with round sunglasses on (think Janis Joplin) and while wearing a few strands of beads ! 

max

"Empathy"

Max, I though you might enjoy this article:  http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2015/05/06/empathy_cards_by_emily_mcdowell_are_greeting_cards_designed_for_cancer_patients.html My favorite is "I want you to know that I will never try to sell you some random treatment I read about on the internet."  

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2017 #33
    Rocquie said:

I had an appointment with my Hem/Onc yesterday to go over the CT scan I had last week. The findings were excellent. I still have the 2 "stable borderline"  para-aortic lymph nodes but no other "pathologically enlarged or enlarging" lymph nodes. No spenomegaly and at diagnosis my spleen was huge. My doctor said if he saw this report on a person without my lymphoma history, he would think nothing of it. All blood work was good and in normal ranges. 

Doc also pointed out that we are at 5 years from diagnosis and the importance of that milestone. He wants to see me again in 6 months which will be 5 years from completion of my R-CHOP. If all is still well, I won't need to see him for another year. 

Wow! So happy to be here!

Rocquie

Great news!

Great news Rocquie!  Stay well.

• OO7
    I'm so bloody happy

to be reading this fabulous news.  Congratulations and I hope you did something splendid yesterday, today and everyday after that! Wahoo!

• PBL
    PBL Member Posts: 366 Member
    So happy for you Rocquie!

Time to relax now...

PBL

• Sal0101
    Sal0101 Member Posts: 136 Member
    I am thrilled!

Great news!!  i am soooooo happy for you! What a Milestone! 

• OO7
    edited September 2017 #37

"Walked in our shoes..."

max

Max, Digging it!

Groovy, I love music and its ability to transport, heal, romance, make us get up and move or even cry.  Music is my therapy.

You are spot on with the reactions we all face.  I too loath the "so and so has cancer" etc...  I think you can relate when I tell you recently a former friend of mine had a cancer scare.  Thankfully she is fine and never diagnosised.  I kid you not, she is acting like she has or had cancer.  She posted on social media how grateful she was that she caught it early.  Then while out to dinner with a group of friends she went on and on about this and that then looked at me and said "oh well at least mine is not like yours" .  Mine, yes is cancer and yours is not.  I lovingly and politely told her that she is not in this club nor is she welcome here unless she is diagnosed.  She was my dearest friend.  Then my former oncologist was telling my husband of his cancer scare.  With fear and elevated voice exclaimed "can you imagine being told you have cancer".  He was my doctor (friend) and standing arms length away from me.  I bet you can imagine how I felt.  Both of these individuals are oncologist.  I can't even make this stuff up.   Absolute nonsense.  

I almost forgot, another friend told me her cancer was her husband.  Marital problems, seriously you can divorce him, I can't divorce cancer

Donning my large circular glasses and turning the volume up, PEACE!

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 143 Member
    Rocquie Comgrats

Wishing you the best and that many on this forum follow in your footsteps!

Sandy Ray

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    edited October 2017 #39
    Wonderful

I couldn't be happier for you, that is one big relief, I agree, hope you had a great celebration or planning one.  As Sandy said, hope all can follow in your footsteps.

Thank you for sharing, you lift my spirits.

Becky