Cancer rears its ugly head in the family...

jason.2835
jason.2835 Member Posts: 337 Member

Hi, all,

Life happens and you sometimes lose sight of the important things.  I've always found my contribution to this board as important.  But between work and raising a soon-to-be 2-year-old, some things just fall through the cracks.  I apologize for not being here more often.

Cancer has once again reared it's ugly head in my family, unfortunately.  My mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She has invasive ductal carcinoma, which I understand is the most common form of the disease.  But the good news is that, like me, her tumor has been caught extremely early and her prognosis is excellent.  We have a cancer research doctor in the family who works for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in Philly and she has set her up with a highly respected doctor with tons of experience and a great team.  So we're pretty hopeful.  I just wanted to start the conversation if anyone has any experience with this and I also plan to jump over to the breast cancer board and get some thoughts over there.  

Thanks so much and hope you are all doing well!

- Jay

Comments

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Jay.....I have no experience

Jay.....I have no experience with breast cancer personally. I do however want to say Thank God it has been detected early and wish her well on getting this behind her.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Aw Jay

I'll keep your mom in my prayers.  Sorry, no one needs this diagnosis.  That's crappy.

Donna~

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited September 2017 #4
    Prayers across the pond

for you all... sounds like you have special leverage... Best wishes that  you have a speedy and best outcome for you Mummy

Annie

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hello Jay,

Hello Jay,

I am sorry to hear about your mom.  But as long as it was caught early - she will be fine! I know couple of women with this diagnosis, both cases caught in early stages, and they are long-term survivors now with no recurrencies! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your mom!

Alla