Amal cancer vs hemorrhoids

Options
Rn2017
Rn2017 Member Posts: 5

Been having rectalcancer pressure tingling sensation for the past 2 week. gi doctor did a DRE and anoscopy which he said no masses or tumors. However the discomfort still there , I was wondering how long does it take for internal hemorrhoids to go away. I'm able to feel it. It feels tingling with discomfor. No bleeding the only time I bled was when it ruptured scheduled for colonoscopy soon

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2017 #2
    Options
    Rn2017

Glad your exam showed nothing of concern.  I'm not sure hemorrhoids ever go away on their own.  Did you ask your doctor about having them removed?

• Rn2017
    Options
    no I did not. seeing a CRS

no I did not. seeing a CRS tomorrow 

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hemorrhoids

I've had hemorrhoids on and off since my son was born 10 years ago, but I don't hink they were internal?  I don't know if they do go away, without surgery.  I think there are things you can do to lessen the discomfort, but your doctor can tell you all that.  Just keep an eye on it, sounds like your doctors are.  

Jane

• Rn2017
    edited September 2017 #5
    Options
    I went to the colorectal

I went to the colorectal surgeon who did an office anoscopy and rectal exam , he said no hemorrhoids but felt a fissure like on the lateral side but he reassured me that it wasn't cancer. In the meantime I still have rectal pressure and left buttocks tingliness. I already done a colonoscopy and it was clear! Now he referred me for an MR. Not sure what to think. 

• Rn2017
    Options
    I also googled lateral anal

I also googled lateral anal fissures and apparently are not that common and pretty much needs to be investigate?  Anyone have some advice