In the path of the storm!

It always amazes me how life and life's problems can take a swift turn, so that one's focus moves from "Will I survive this cancer?" to "Will I have a home left when this hurricane is done with Florida"? Well, Irma appears to be setting it's small eye on Florida and in my case it ain't looking good. Forget buying water or plywood now- nada-good luck with that! Please say a prayer for all the people in the path of this Cat 5 hurricane, we need all the prayers we can get.

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Cathy,

Cathy,

I thought about you earlier today! If you have to migrate North, do you have a place to stay?

We are in Central FL and went out today to stock up on water, gas, etc. Based on the potential track of this thing, it seems like the entire state is a possible target.  We are planning to stay put since we are high (for FL standards) so flooding isn't going to be an issue. The wind and rain may be though.  I was amazed at how empty the store shelves already are. I think Harvey has given everyone notice that they better not take anything for granted.

PM me if you need to talk. I don't want to put my number out there in public!

Good luck to all of us.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Stay safe, you two.

Between wildfires out west and hurricanes in the south, it's turning out to be a horrendous end to the summer.  Good luck!

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Sending prayers to all in the

Sending prayers to all in the path of Mother Nature.  My state, Montana, has so much smoke we couldn't see a hurricane coming.  We are praying for snow.  Lou Ann

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    I'll pray for both of you. So

I'll pray for both of you. So sorry that you have to bear this along with everything else. 

• MCruz
    MCruz Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2017 #6
    Wishign you well!!

Wishign you well!!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    I'm located on the west

I'm located on the west-central coast of Florida. Based on the latest update it looks like my area will be spared. Anyone in the path of Irma is welcome to come and stay with us, just send me a message. Kim

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Be Safe

Hearing that any of you are in harms way is going to worry us all, so please do  what you have to do to be safe! We'll be praying that something happens between now and when Irma reaches you that the danger will be greatly diminished from what it is now. Harvey was enough! Let us know how your're doing when you can and we wouldn't mind updates on any Texans impacted by Harvey, either.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Prayers for Florida, Montana,

Prayers for Florida, Montana, and yes still Texas! What ann did to summer!!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member

Cathy,

Cathy,

I thought about you earlier today! If you have to migrate North, do you have a place to stay?

We are in Central FL and went out today to stock up on water, gas, etc. Based on the potential track of this thing, it seems like the entire state is a possible target.  We are planning to stay put since we are high (for FL standards) so flooding isn't going to be an issue. The wind and rain may be though.  I was amazed at how empty the store shelves already are. I think Harvey has given everyone notice that they better not take anything for granted.

PM me if you need to talk. I don't want to put my number out there in public!

Good luck to all of us.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Cindi, thank you!!

I am a bit freaked out as it appears that we are facing a Category 4 hurricane. I will be "hunkering down" and pray that I will have a home when this nightmare is over with sometime on Monday. Gees, I have so much to do in the next 2 days, including installing all the hurricane shutters on all the windows- a ****- and move all the furniture, orchids and other plants I have on my 900-square-foot pool enclosure. And, I appear to be suffering from a painful case of planters feasiatist. Oh, boy, I am not looking forward to my hurricane preparations! This situation makes me realize that there are more immediate threats to one's life than cancer. Go figure! Never did I think that I would still be here after my stage 3a, UPSC, cancer diagnose almost 4 years ago (10/14/17) yet I am still NED!!

With much love to each of you beautiful and courageous women- you are never far from my thoughts and prayers,

Cathy 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Concern

I'll be worrying about you all. Be safe and get back to us when you can 

• Abbycat2
    Thank you, thank you , thank you, Ladies for all your concern

and support! Well, I am about as prepared as I can be and will have to wait and see what turmoil she plans to create in my life. Seems to put cancer on the back burner, so that's nice! I may be facing damage to my HUGE live oak in my front yard and roof damage. Midnight on Sunday will be the highest hurricane winds in my little town in FL. Pray for everyone in it's path and for all the people harmed by Hurricane Harvey.

Warm Wishes and Love,

Cathy

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Abbycat2 said:

Thank you, thank you , thank you, Ladies for all your concern

and support! Well, I am about as prepared as I can be and will have to wait and see what turmoil she plans to create in my life. Seems to put cancer on the back burner, so that's nice! I may be facing damage to my HUGE live oak in my front yard and roof damage. Midnight on Sunday will be the highest hurricane winds in my little town in FL. Pray for everyone in it's path and for all the people harmed by Hurricane Harvey.

Warm Wishes and Love,

Cathy

Prayers

sending prayers for you and all you neighbors.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Kvdyson said:

I'm located on the west

I'm located on the west-central coast of Florida. Based on the latest update it looks like my area will be spared. Anyone in the path of Irma is welcome to come and stay with us, just send me a message. Kim

Kim, we just bought a house

Kim, we just bought a house on the west coast of Florida in Tarpon Springs.  We have insurance but are hoping that our 27' above sea level is enough and the place holds together against those winds.  We are safely sitting in northern Wisconsin, glued to the weather station.  I talked to my cousin who was on the road after evacuating Key Largo this morning.  I have a friend who owns a beautiful home in Jupiter whose two college age kids are trying to find gas to get out of there.  After seeing what this hurricane has done to the islands it has hit, it really scares me.  I hope everyone is safe!!

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson

Kim, we just bought a house on the west coast of Florida in Tarpon Springs.  We have insurance but are hoping that our 27' above sea level is enough and the place holds together against those winds.  We are safely sitting in northern Wisconsin, glued to the weather station.  I talked to my cousin who was on the road after evacuating Key Largo this morning.  I have a friend who owns a beautiful home in Jupiter whose two college age kids are trying to find gas to get out of there.  After seeing what this hurricane has done to the islands it has hit, it really scares me.  I hope everyone is safe!!

Love,

Eldri

Eldri, I am glad you are safe

Eldri, I am glad you are safe. If your cousin or friend need a place to stay, just let me know. So far, all indications are that my part of Dunedin (away from the water) will be okay.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited September 2017 #16
    Prayers for all!!!

Prayers that everyone is safe and the damage isn't as bad as they think.  Keep us posted as you can.   (((HUGS)))

• Abbycat2

Love,

Eldri

Hi, Eldri, 

Hi, Eldri, 

I certainly understand your concern. I would be happy to keep you posted- just PM me. It appears to be entering FL on the southwest side of FL.  Who knows what the spaghetti model will tell us tomorrow??. 

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Prayers !

Cathy

Prayers to you and your family.  I had family living in Jacksonville, but they moved to North Carolina.   My husband's friend said it took them 17 hours (instead of 4) to try to get to Jacksonville yesterday.    Please keep us updated so we know you are safe.  Do you have a place to stay up north?

(((Hugs))) 

Kathy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Safe
    Hi all just a quick note to let you know we are safe. Still no power tho. Cindi
  • Kvdyson

Safe
    Hi all just a quick note to let you know we are safe. Still no power tho. Cindi

Sorry to hear about the

Sorry to hear about the continued power outage, Cindi. Ours came back on yesterday around 5:30 pm. Hopefully yours will be soon!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Thanks for checking in

its a relief to know you are ok.